63.

Lou screamed in pain. A loud, guttural sound that pierced me to my core. I felt my head ring, and vision flash. The Hunter's around me stumbled back as if physically pushed.

My eyes were still on Matt and his sadistic grin. He tightened his grip on the knife, twisting it in the flesh, making Lou's scream turn into a demonic roar. It cut through my lungs like a cold knife, pulling the air out of me as I felt the cold essence within me rise in response. My vision was shifting heavily, turning black and white as he continued to scream. The world felt cold and apathetic. It felt... dark.

I don't know how long Lou screamed, but I stayed in that state the entire time. When it finally stopped, my vision flickered, colours returning to it. My body suddenly sagged, only held up by the ropes as I... I felt drained. Matt had withdrawn the knife from his leg. There was fresh blood on it, but nothing dripping out of the leg. Right, that was a corpse Lou was occupying.

My head bobbed up and down. I felt extremely lightheaded. Exhaustion was filling every limb of my body. I was about to pass out again.

"No, no, no." I felt something cold press under my chin, raising my head to meet Matt's eyes. "You're not going anywhere. Let's have some fun with you."

The knife slid up my skin again, resting against my cheek. I didn't have the energy to even gasp as I felt it slide downwards, burning as it cut through my skin.

"Ry... lee..." I heard a rough whisper from Lou. "Ryl...-leigh..."

"Shut up, demon." Matt snapped, returning the knife under my chin. "If you-ah-"

He cut himself off, free hand flying up to his cheek as my own started tingling. Blood slid down his fingers as his cheek started peeling itself apart. I was barely conscious, but I did recognize it as the same place where he'd just cut me.

"The fuck..." He hissed, pulling his hand back to stare at the blood on his fingers. "How did you..." His eyes moved to me, then Lou. "Did you..."

"It's the knife." Mike's voice cut off Matt's accusations. "It can't be used on it's owner."

"It can't be..." His eyes moved back to me. "Owner." He whispered, cocking his head. "So, you are it's owner."

"Ryleigh..." Lou rasped again.

I couldn't see him without turning my head. My eye on that side was swollen shut. "W... What?" I replied, sounding equally dead.

"Stop talking to the demon." I felt the knife return to my throat.

"Make... them bleed."

Make them... bleed?

"The humans..." He chuckled. There was no humour in that sound. "Make them... bleed."

"You fucking piece of shit." Matt gritted out. I could see his aura shift to one of rage, the knife digging into my skin. "'Make them bleed'?" He scoffed. "Have you seen yourself? I don't mind putting a... more holes i... -u."

Make them bleed? Who? The Hunters?

Matt's voice was fading in and out- as was my vision. I have to make them bleed.

I... I have to?

I... can...

I just... did.

My lips pull up into a smile. Matt's own lips were still moving, but I couldn't hear him anymore. His eyes moved back to me as I felt my lip split again, blood filling my mouth.

What are you grinning at?

I could read his lips..

I'll make you bleed. I replied. Or I think I did. I couldn't hear myself either.