9.

It took a while but the new guy... angel finally decided to bless my existence by speaking directly to me.

I could feel his eyes on my back as I moved about to open up a new bottle of gin for him. He didn't say anything as I placed a glass in front of him and filled it up. "Enjoy." I gestured before I placed the bottle beside the scotch and sat down. I had a feeling he would be glued to this seat as long as Lou.

We sat in silence for quite a while. The tension between the two was palpable. They didn't look at each other, or talk to each other. I wasn't even sure if they were breathing. The other demons in their booths were watched this tense threesome with their hackles still raised.

I cleared my throat to break the silence before I smiled up at him again. "So, what brings you here?"

The angel, who'd eyed me for a while now, raised an eyebrow. "Why do you ask?"

"A bar of demons isn't probably the most attractive spot for an angel to come drinking."

"Yes." Lou piped up, smirking as usual. "Isn't the establishment a bit beneath you, you feathered freak?"

I raised an eyebrow in a silent question. He actually have wings? Interesting. Does that mean Lou actually had horns? I've never asked. I've never even seen something like that during the times he's transformed in front of me.

The feathered freak's eyebrow twitched, but there was no retort. I turned to look at him again. "Hey, I asked you something."

He took a sip of  gin, clearly stalling for thought. "I am investigating the reason demons have been gathering in this bar for a week."

"And have you figured it out?" Lou snickered. "It's clearly not the charming company."

I sighed tiredly. "I agree with him. Lou certainly isn't the charming type."

He snickered once more and raised his glass to me. "Touché, Ryleigh."

The angel's eyes flickered between the two of us. "You both seem very familiar with each other."

"We're a bit beyond... familiar at this point."

I rolled my eyes at the suggestive tone in Lou's voice. "That's disgusting. Shut up."

"That's not disgusting." My eyes flickered to his tongue as he dragged seductively across his lower lip. "That's just how life is, baby."

"No, it isn't." I replied as I ignored the chills down my back. What a shame. Two hot guys at my bar and I can't sleep with either of them. Not only do my own rules bind me, but with the vibes I'm getting from the new guy, I think the same rules about not sleeping with the demon apply.

The angel cocked his head, sharp blue eyes glued to mine. "Why do you call him 'Lou'?"

"Because... that's the name he gave me?" My answer was slightly hesitant owing to the nature of the question.

"Is that so?" He turned to look at Lou. "Why that name?"

"It's the name of my current body." Lou replied easily. "'Louis Norman Armstrong' is this one's full name, I believe." So, it is short for Louis.

"Interesting." The angel turned to look at me once more. "Then you can refer to me as Mike, short for Micah."

"Micah... Mike." I nodded slowly, pausing after a moment. "What's your full name?"

"I did not bother to find out. Those kind of details are frivolous to my work."

Wow. And I thought Lou was cold.

"You're frivolous to my existence." Lou mumbled into his glass before titling his head back and finishing up the last of it. "I'm done here. I'm leaving, Ryleigh."