16.

"Hey!" I smiled at Trace as he opened the door.

He beamed back at me. And then leaned in first to plant a gentle kiss on the side of my lips. "Hey." He replied as he pulled a few inches back. "Good morning."

"Good morning." I smiled back and countered with my lips against his. It was like he expected it. He held my lips for a few second before gently tugged on my lower lip with his teeth. The move sent sparks down my body. Everything south of my belly button twisted in an exciting way. It had been a while since I'd felt like this.

I pulled away slowly, surprise clear on my face as colour rose up my cheeks. "H-hey."

Trace smirked. He laughed to himself as he stepped to the side. "Come in already."

My hand brushed against his chest as I walked past him. What a way to begin the second date. He'd invited me over for breakfast. I was kind of interested in seeing where Trace stayed and this invitation was quite a good chance.

I walked in and looked curiously at the living room. It was sparsely furnished, but what few pieces there were, were pretty tasteful. There were still a few boxes scattered by the glass doors that led to the balcony. He did say he had just moved to a new place. It wasn't a very big place. A one and a half bedroom apartment where he used the half as his office.

I could see two doors further down the place. Behind me was a kitchen island built into the wall. I could see some eggs, a mixing bowl and a spatula with batter on it.

"Like the place?"

I turned to meet Trace's eyes. His hands were stuffed in his pocket with his head slightly lowered. I could see that he wanted me to like it.

"It's a nice place." I pointed at the balcony. "You probably get some really nice setting rays."

"Yeah." He smiled, kind of relieved at my reply. "It was one of the reasons I bought this place."

"It's cute." I looked around once more. I did like the place. It was small and cozy... smaller than my apartment, but cozy.

"You were working out?" Trace asked. He moved towards the kitchen as he looked over my sweaty form.

I nodded and looked down at my tank and shorts. "Yeah. I did promise Antonio that I would join him. I was kind of surprised when you called me though. Our first date was just yesterday."

"I know but..." He spoke a bit louder from inside the kitchen. "I felt like cooking and then I figured I'd call you over."

"I'll help." I piped up. My bottle rested on the dining table as I headed towards the kitchen.

Trace grimaced as I said that. It made me stop in my path. "Please don't. I have a thing about hygiene in my kitchen and you just came from a workout."

I sheepishly scratched my head and backed up. "I'll remove my shoes. Just give me an apron to wear over this and I'll help."

"I don't have an extra apron." I heard him walk out of the kitchen. "I can give you one of my shirts."

"Sure." I replied easily. My shoes were placed by the entrance with my socks in it. When I turned around, Trace held out a grey shirt.

I took it from him, my hand brushed against his as I did. It was still fresh from the laundry. I could smell the detergent as the fabric moved over my nose... I could smell Trace.

He smiled as I poked my head out of the shirt. "You look cute in my shirt."

I blushed slightly at that. "Thanks. I like this shirt."