Chapter:- 14

Zaroon's POV:

"Where's the voice now, love?" I asked as I didn't hear anything for a minute.

"How?" This is what I get to hear. Wow.

"Well, my wife thought I'm sleeping. But do you think I'll miss such a beautiful moment? No way." I said with a big smile and heard her sighing. 

"That's cheating. And even if you knew you shouldn't have revealed it. Now I'll think many times before doing that." She said and I chuckled.

"No worries. I'll ask for it." I said smiling widely and I know she would be rolling those big eyes.

"Why your voice is sounding so heavy? Aren't you okay? That's why you weren't picking up my calls, right?" I sighed hearing her. What now? Can't lie to her.

"I'm alright, love. Don't worry. You enjoy for three more days. Then I'll come to take you." I said smiling but my lips pouted thinking that I have to spend three more days without her.

"You are trying to avoid my questions. Do you want me to extend my stay here?" She threatened and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. I'm coming to the point. You guessed it right. I wasn't picking the calls because I knew you'll figure out at once. I just had a fever. Nothing to worry." I said with a light smile and heard her sighing.

"You might have skipped your meal in the office. Or you might have not slept on time." She said and I chuckled. She knows all the possibilities.

"I'm perfectly alright now, love." I said and heard her sighing again.

"Took any medicine?" She asked and I smiled.

"Yep. It's going down. In fact its almost down now." I said touching my forehead with the back of my hand.

"Okay. Sleep now. Don't talk. Let your mind rest." She said and I smiled closing my eyes.

"You sleep too. Don't let your mind flood up with those negative possibilities okay. Try to avoid them." I said with closed eyes.

"Hm. You sleep. I'll be on call until you sleep." She said and I smiled. Isn't she too caring? Well, I'm talking about my wife here. My Ilham. I chuckled inwardly thinking about my own words. I'm going crazy. Stupid me.

Morning.

I took the phone from the table and frowned finding her name on the screen.

"Hello? Why are you calling me at this time? Everything okay?" I asked sitting up immediately.

"You are still sleeping? Get up. Its Fajr time. Not much time is left." She said and I looked towards the balcony. I sighed when I found the dark fading away slightly.

"I slept like a log." I said sighing deeply and heard her chuckle lightly.

"It might be because of the medicines. How's your fever now?" She asked and I smiled.

"It's gone now. Alhamdulillah. Okay I'll be going now. Or else I'll miss the prayer." I said getting down from the bed and heard her whispering Alhamdulillah.

"Don't forget to do your exercise, love." I said before hanging up. I don't know why but I'm loving using the word 'Love' for her. She deserves it. She is my love anyways. After doing my wudu I came out to find Hiba coming inside the room.

"I came to wake you up." She said smiling at me and I chuckled.

"I'll just pray then you can tell me whatever you want to. Okay, princess?" I said smiling at her and she nodded her head. She sat down on bed and I took the prayer rug to pray. She always come in the morning to talk which disturbs her. After praying I sat beside her who was lost in her deep thoughts.