Chapter:- 16

Zaroon's POV:

I entered inside the house to find the hall empty. Where is everyone? Usually, Dad is here sitting reading something. I walked towards the kitchen to find ladies in the kitchen except her. Where is she now? Why all these people are disappearing today?

"Assalamualaikum, ladies." I greeted them walking inside and they all turned to me then smiled.

"Wa-Alaikum-Assalam." They answered while I held my ears when Mom raised her brows at me. Well, I'm damn late today. It's 10 and I'm coming at this time at home.

"Sorry. I just lost the track of time." I said batting my lashes at her and she sighed.

"Go and change, dear. We are setting the table." Chachi said ruffling my hair and I smiled nodding my head.

"Where is Ilham?" I asked looking at Eshaal who was looking a bit sad today. What happened to her now?

"Bhabhi is in the room." She said and I nodded my head.

"And Dad?"

"He is with Chachu in the backyard." Iqra said and I nodded my head. I walked towards my room and opened the door only to get more confused seeing her sleeping on bed in an awkward position. She doesn't sleep until I come home. What happened today? What's happening around me? Even my night clothes were not out. I kept the bag and walked towards her who was sleeping with her slippers in her feet. I removed them and turned her around to make her sleep properly but my eyes caught something in her hand. It was my photo frame which was in the drawer. I frowned more when I found some tear stains on her cheek. I looked at her with frowns and now I was worried. What is actually happening here? I looked at her when I found her shaking her head and tear rolled down from her right eye making me more worried. I wiped the tear and walked towards the door. I have to ask someone. As I opened the door I found Eshaal standing at the doorstep. 

"Bhai."
"What happened to her?" We both said together and she sighed.

"I need to talk to you." She said holding my hand and took me to the garden. We took our seats on the chairs and she looked at me.

"What happened, little girl?" I asked and she sighed. Then she told me what happened after Magrib. And I just wanted to strangle that woman to death. But we are not anyone to decide that. Doesn't these people have anything to do in their life?

"Bhai, a girl can bear anything but not the word burden. She leaves her family for a strange family and then if she is referred as a burden then it's definitely not something she expected, Bhai. Talk to her. She might be dying from inside. I cannot feel her properly but as a girl I can say this that no girl wants to be call as a burden. Not only girls, Bhai. No one wants to be referred as a burden. Everyone wants other people to love them." She said looking at me with teary eyes while I was just lost in the words. True though.

"I will talk to her, little one. Let's go inside now." I said wiping her tears and she nodded her head smiling lightly at me. We went inside and walked towards the dining hall.

"Son, take this and have dinner with her. She might not be feeling good to come out." Mom said giving me the tray of dinner and I nodded my head. I went to our room and closed the door. I sat down beside her keeping the tray on the table and caressed her hair to wake her up. After some time she stirred and opened her eyes slowly. She kept looking at me for some time then smiled lightly.

"When did you come?" She asked holding my hand which was on her head. I helped her to sit and removed her hair strand from her face.

"Some time before. And I found my wife sleeping without having dinner." I said caressing her cheek and she looked down.