Part 17

Parkers POV

Things can change quickly in the space of a night, yesterday Blaire was so happy, well a little grumpy in the arvo but happy. Last night she woke up screaming it took a while to calm her down. This morning about 9:30 I went to wake Blaire up and she is laying on her bed staring and unresponsive, I started freaking enough to call for Jake who rushes up. We both squat next to Blaire trying to get her to respond but nothing. Jake thinks that something may have triggered something and is currently in a place that she can't be reached.

"maybe ring her psych" Jake suggests doubting what he was saying and I agree I should call her and see what she suggests. I can't handle seeing her like this, she is just staring at the wall. Pale, she looks so broken.

I am waiting on a call back from her psych it is 11:30 I know I should get some food sorted, I wonder if she will even eat. I feel so hopeless right now. So, lost. I wish Demi were here I feel like she always knows what to do. I decide just to make some sandwiches and I hope Blaire eats. I get a phone call halfway through making the sandwiches. I answer and it is Blaire's Psych.

"Hey Parkers, what's happening" she asks and I go through explaining how I found Blaire this morning.

"Jake is right something has triggered her; you need to find the trigger and we will need to figure out how to heal. Be aware she may have random violent outburst. Just do not push her and give her space, make sure there is food and water in her room and Parker I suggest taking out anything that she can hurt herself with just for safety." She explains and I nod trying to think what could have triggered her. I finish the sandwiches I take 2 upstairs with me and a bottle of water and a bottle of Gatorade. I place it on the bedside table and realise there is a hot water bottle on her bedside table, I'm not sure what to think but I take it downstairs and decide to refill it and take it back up. Some of the water is gone but she is still looking out the wall.

"whatever is going on squirt you will be ok, I hope you know you are safe and loved" I say before leaving the room.

I decide to ring Demi I need to see her face. I need to see one of my girls smile.

"hey baby" She answers with a smile making me beam at her, I do not want to tell her about Blaire I don't want her to stress,

"hey, love how are you" I ask hoping my face doesn't betray me we talk for a bit it is nice to see her face and smile.

"where's Blaire" she asks I try not to let my mask slip but I'm also fully aware that I can't lie to her. I just need to word it in a way that does not make her jump on a plane and come home.

"she is uh having a rough day, but I have it under control" I say hoping I sound convincing because the end of the day I don't have it under control in the slightest. She doesn't look convinced which isn't surprising.

"ok it's not under control yet but I'll work it out, don't stress baby" I say feeling ashamed that I have dumped this on her. She has enough on her plate. I give a small sorry. I'm not sure if she hears or not.

"P look at me baby" she says and I look back at the phone.

"never apologise Parker, I promised I would be here for you, help you through anything, you know Blaire means the world to me as well, so if I can help you get to the bottom of this please let me. I'm here for you both P, now explain to me what is happening" she says leaving no room for argument at the end I love this woman I really do I really needed to talk this through. The boys are great and love Blaire but Demi has been through some crap with my daughter and I need an opinion from a female who isn't a professional.

I finish explaining and Demi seems concerned but can't think what may have triggered this reaction. She said she would think and do some research on how to help. We say our goodbyes and I go and take all the dangerous stuff out of her room and bathroom. She seems to have taken the hot water bottle again and half her sandwich is missing which I take as a good sign. I text demi to tell her about the hot water bottle and the fact she has eaten a little food. A few minutes later she rings.