Part 9

Tomorrow is Christmas it has been a really fun couple of days except yesterday when Sabrina had to leave it sucks but we have messaged constantly and I actually struggled to sleep last night not having someone next to me. The day after I got home Demi and I went shopping for Christmas, it was hard to pick a present for Parker and Demi, they are so hard to shop for. But I think I found the perfect present for both of them. I spent a big chunk of my savings on them, but they deserve it. I also got Maddie, Jensen, Sabrina, Dianna and Eddie something. I wanted to get Simon something, but it will be too hard and too late to send it to him. Then that night we all including Sabrina went to get an actual Christmas tree, like a real live tree. It was so much fun we were singing Christmas carols all night and when we decorated, I was in quite a bit of pain from such a busy day on my feet a lot well foot but I didn't want to ruin the moment. The best moment was been on parker shoulders to put the star on top, Demi and Sabrina both explain how growing up how each year they would take in turns, and how it seems to be a tradition for a lot of families. This makes me smile, Family and a tradition. Demi decided she wants to be here Christmas morning so she is staying again tonight, she says her family totally understand and they will be here rather early tomorrow any way as we are spending the day with them. I'm really looking forward to it, I'm looking forward to giving the presents and what the day has in store, I believe I get to hang out in PJS all day which I love the thought of. As I said it has been a crazy few day so a relaxing day will be good.

There is a knock on my bedroom door, I have been up here for a while, relaxing and wrapping a few other presents. My leg is so sore I know it is just because I have over done it, I still won't tell Parker and Demi that though. The door opens and Demi walks in sitting on the side of my bed.

"I look at the time and Parkers present will be here in about 10 minutes, Demi had to help me, but she has this smile on her face.

"what's up?" I ask her finishing up wrapping Maddie's present.

"can you come downstairs for a bit, Parker has a surprise for you" she says and I look at her questioning but she doesn't cave and tell me anything.

"I'll give you a piggyback down as you need to keep your eyes shut" she says making me laugh a little

"no offence Dem but you are very clumsy I may be safer walking down with my eyes closed" I say making her laugh as well

"yea ok good point" she says still laughing before she yells to Parker.

"honey for Blaire's and mine own safety it may be best if you bring the surprise up to her." She yells I cringe a little and she gives me a soft smile moving closer and slowly raising her hand and telling me she is covering my eyes. I'm very curious as to what the surprise is, tomorrow is Christmas not today. The bed dips Parker announcing it is him and Demi takes her hand from my eyes. It takes me a few seconds for me to realise that there is the most stunning dog next to parker, confusion flows through me.

"Merry Christmas Squirt, this is Blaze he is 2,5 years old and not only a loyal pet but he is also a service dog" he explains making me smile and hold my hand out for Blaze who instantly bounds over to me and as if he knows my leg is injured avoids that and licks my face making me laugh. Blaze is a beautiful border collie, he has a white face with grey almost a grey blue mix with black around his eyes, an out the top quarter of him is white and the rest is the grey blue like around his eyes and black his eyes are this beautiful light brown almost orange colour. Then the tears start flowing, Parker remember, he remembered that when we were hanging out, I saw a puppy like this in the window and I fell in love. Blaze whines in distress and is pawing at my lap. I pat Blaze smiling at Parker and he nods I want to move to hug him but movement doesn't seem an option so I give Demi a hug and wait for Parker to move to the side of the bed so I can stand and hug him. They explain a little about how he is a ptsd service dog. Blaze sits at my feet