Chapter 3

After the pool dunk, Sam didn't trust himself to stay at the trap house. It wasn't really that he didn't trust himself around Colby, more that he didn't want to torture himself with that scent all night. Brennen had toweled off and gone home pretty soon after that as well, going out the side of the house, also not trusting himself to go back inside.

"Yo, Brennen," Sam caught Brennen's gaze as his friend was heading to his car.

"Yo," Brennen said, spreading his arms. "What's up?"

"You good?" Sam asked, because Brennen felt off. And Brennen wasn't his best friend by any stretch, he was Colby's, but they'd all kinda been thrown a curve ball and he felt like he should probably check on the guy.

"Yeah, I'm cool," Brennen shrugged, like he didn't have a care in the world. Except that Sam still felt like something was wrong.

"Cool," Sam said, shifting on his feet, "Cause uh... if you weren't, you know, cool... you can tell me, you know? Right?"

Brennen lifted an eyebrow at him. "Yeah, man. We're chill."

But Sam still felt like he wasn't getting his point across, adding, ""Cause you know, that was uh... kinda intense..." Brennen didn't respond, just staring at Sam. Sam groaned internally. Fuck, fuck, he was so bad at dealing with Brennen one-on-one. He didn't know how Colby did it. "Just uh... talk to Colby when he's with it again, okay? He's gonna... he's gonna be beating himself up about this and he doesn't need..."

But Brennen's face had twisted again and Sam's chest turned icy because god fucking dammit he'd fucked up with Brennen again, hadn't he? "Just..." He restarted but Brennen was already not paying attention.

"I'll text him," Brennen said shortly, and headed to his car.

"'Kay..." Sam said faintly. And Sam didn't have anything else to say as Brennen started to drive away, a pit in his gut.

God fucking dammit.

He sniffed in a quick breath and still swore he could smell omega heat in the air. Fuck, he needed to change. Good thing he kept clothes at Kat's place...

And he tried to push Brennen from his mind.

It was several hours later when Katrina met him at her place.

When Kat got home, he basically threw himself at her. He figured she'd understand after being interrupted earlier and then the whole omega thing. Point was, he really, really needed her. He saw Kat register what his plan was, put her hands up to stop him, and it only took him a moment to realize why. Upon contact with her his nose was pretty much immediately filled with hotneedy omega heatscent.

He groaned, the pheromones jumpstarting the system he had been working so hard to control. Sam jumped back, immediately regretting that decision as a fresh wave of lust burst through him. Kat grimaced at him, "I tried to stop you...." She shrugged, concern back on her face.

Of course she fucking smelled like him, they'd been fucking cuddling...

Sam shook his head, forcing the instincts from his mind. "Fuck, fuck... okay, I love you, but you gotta go shower."

Kat laughed a little bit, moving quickly past him to the bathroom. "I'll be quick," She promised. "I'm fucking you after this, right?"

"Oh fuck yeah."

Sam didn't wait for Kat to come out of the shower. He heard the shower turn off and he was already through the door to the bathroom. Kat didn't look too surprised to see him, just giving a hum of pleasure when he pressed against her from behind, her moist body dampening his clothes. "Hey, baby," She murmured, toweling her hair dry.