Chapter 17

Sam's scent had hit his nose as soon as Sam entered the room.

Colby felt something in him jump, feeling an answering wave of hormones, - Alpha, please- ricochet through his body.  Because he'd smelled Sam's rut hormones before, obviously.  He'd lived with the guy for eight years but they'd always just smelled like something uncomfortable he'd rather not be smelling from Sam, not... not like this...

Sam smelled fucking delicious, the pheromones from his rut permeating Colby's nose and sending his whole body into a tizzy.

He needed... he needed something... to, to get away, or move away or something but the rush of hormones was so debilitating it was all he could do to grip the table and just not fall to his knees at Sam's feet.

He had a moment to be proud of himself for not just succumbing to his hormones when Sam spoke his name.

At least, he was pretty sure it was his name.  He wasn't exactly sure, but something pulsed through him at the voice, a slow soaking of need and want and Alpha ...

He was frozen as he heard an answering growl from Sam-

-answering? Had he made noise?-

Noticing as Sam -the Alpha- stepped closer.  His scent was stronger now, the rut hormones with heavy, dripping overtones of claim, mine, mine...

He had no control of the whine that ripped from his throat that time.  His body was reacting to the rut, his cock hardening, wet at his ass and he just barely had the presence of mind to know that this was Sam, this was Sam in rut and he needed to not let his hormones win.

Fuck, he had to get out of here.

Except that he stood and then the Alpha was all up in his space, smelling like crack and desire and claim and Colby's eyes were locked up in bright blue, staring down at him...

And then someone grabbed his throat and everything went all fuzzy.

He lost awareness then, of what was going on around him, vaguely registering dropping to the floor, feeling especially dizzy and disoriented with the hormones of the trigger and the rut spiraling through him.  It felt like an especially loud white noise in his brain, drowning out everything but the Alpha's scent, the Alpha's presence...

Alpha...

He felt like it took longer than usual before he was able to fight past the white noise, past the hormones, until he became vaguely aware of voices talking around him. His brain sunk back into his body then, lucidity and body awareness coming back to him.

"Fuck..." He fucking hated fighting off the triggers.  He flexed his fingers before pressing his hands into his face.  It always felt like his face was buzzing after the hormone rush, and not in the pleasant sort of way that came with orgasm.  He tried to rub away the tingles that fizzed just under his skin.

When his body felt just a little bit more like his again (although he was fairly sure his legs still weren't going to obey him) he pulled his face from his hands and looked around the room.

Then he had to blink, because the sight that met him didn't make sense.

"Why is Sam tied up?"

"Cause I kinda lost control of my Alpha and triggered you," Sam responded, and Colby watched as he shifted his shoulders against the restraints that bound him.

Oh shit.  Right.  Sam's rut.  Sam had...

Colby took a careful smell, wary of setting his omega off again, but Sam's hormones were much more under control.  He could smell them, definitely, but he also smelled Jake's scent, and Katrina's scent.  Katrina's scent was actually the strongest one in his nose, something possessive and claiming settled in the air.