𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

꒰ 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

On an ordinary day, Bianca would pause on the Grubbs' front porch and scowl at the cracked wooden deck and oddly shaped hand-made pottery with vines growing out of them

On an ordinary day, Bianca would pause on the Grubbs' front porch and scowl at the cracked wooden deck and oddly shaped hand-made pottery with vines growing out of them. Her eyes would narrow at the hideously painted front door, which was a headache-inducing shade of aqua, and the overwhelming, potent smell of the marsh wafting in the air.

But this was no ordinary day because Bianca had just found out her father could be a potential treasure hunting, murdering maniac.

It had all started to feel like some sick, twisted joke- that her dad had been secretly fraternizing with her best friend's father to find a lost ship wreck which held an unfathomable amount of gold ultimately leading to a murder they helped cover up only for her to get involved with the son of said victim and his gang of rug rats.

Maybe that's why Bianca's hands had not stopped shaking or maybe it was early onset Parkinson's- the latter would be less baggage and Bianca already had enough of that.

Still, she clenched her hand into a fist to rap against the front door and the silence that ensued made her want to throw up. It was funny, how time slowed in times of desperation so that when Lana Grubbs opened the door, Bianca's breath hitched in her throat.

The woman's hair was frizzy hair from the humidity and the skirt that wrapped around her waist resembled a hippie who smoked too much weed. Bianca forced her lips to move and her hoped her voice followed, "Ms Lana-"

But the door was already being slammed in her face and she had to take a surprised step backwards to avoid being hit.

And on an ordinary day, Bianca's lips would grit her teeth or roll her eyes and demand that Lana open the door again for her, but this was no ordinary day.

So she knocked on the door again, her voice softer than anyone would have heard, "Ms Lana- I just want to talk."

The woman's response was almost immediate, she hadn't strayed far from the other side of the door, "Go away- I want nothing to do with you or your family!"

Bianca knocked again, "No- I'm here for John B, he's my friend, he said you could help me."

"I said go away!" She bellowed from the other side, voice sounding more far away and distant.

In frustration, Bianca ran her hands through her hair, squeezing her eyes shut, "Please- Ms Lana, I just want to understand," She choked out, "Please, just help me understand."

Moments passed and the silence had returned, dreaded and cold, drowning the girl as she awaited for any sound or noise on the other side of the door. Almost having given up, Bianca took hesitant step backwards, but paused when she heard the front door click open.