𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

꒰ 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

The bell above the door of The Wreck jingled as Bianca walked through the frame, her sneakers treading against the creaky wooden floorboards

Almost instantly, JJ whirled around, a small smile etching it's way onto his face, "Hey- B, where have you been?" He sighed in relief.

But one look at her puffy, bloodshot eyes and splotchy, flushed cheeks had him striding across the room to wrap his arms around her, "Oh my god," He mumbled, cheek resting against the top of her head.

JJ's heart wrenched as he heard the choked sob that slipped past her lips, feeling her press her face further into his chest. He hushed her softly, smoothing her hair down with his hand as she tightened her arms around his waist.

JJ placed a soft kiss to her head, whispering comforts in her ear, "It's okay," He reassured, "I got you."

Bianca sniffled lightly, "It's getting really bad out there," She let out a shaky breath.

Kiara, who'd been watching the scene from behind the front counter of her father's restaurant took hesitant steps towards the two, "B, are you okay?" Her brows furrowed together, "What happened?"

At the sound of her voice, Bianca pulled away from JJ, quickly wiping her face, "Um- I'm fine- John B he's hiding out in one of Rose's house listings and he's with Sarah."

After Bianca and Sarah fled the SBI tents, they decided to part ways– Bianca's presence would only draw more attention if they had to make a quick getaway and she would no longer be of any help without her phone or the recording. John B claimed he needed to go back to the Chateau where he'd left the single bar of gold they'd stolen from under the Crain house, reasoning that he and Sarah would need the money if they were to escape the island. They split up– Bianca going back to meet the Pogues at The Wreck where they'd agreed, John B to the Chateau before going to the boat ramp while Sarah promised to farewell Bianca before she left.

"You saw them?" The Carrera girl's eyes widened, "So the cops haven't found him yet?"

Bianca shook her head, "It's a long story," She mumbled.

"Tell us in the car," Kiara offered, going back around the counter where Bianca noticed a large duffle bag half full.

JJ wrapped his arms around the girls waist, his chest against her back as she stood at the counter.

"What is all of this?" She hummed, eyes scanning at the groceries lying around the table top where Kiara loaded a loaf of sliced bread into the bag.

"Supplies," Kiara said as she zipped up the bag, "For John B and Sarah."

"Is that going to be enough food for them?" The girl glanced up, her hand absentmindedly running through JJ's blond strands.

"I mean, for a couple of weeks," JJ muttered behind her, "And that's all they really need."

Suddenly Bianca's eyes narrowed, "Where's Pope?"

Kiara sent her a sheepish smile and JJ scoffed, "Kie broke his heart," He deadpanned.

"What?" Bianca raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"Okay- no I didn't break his heart," She glared harshly at the blond boy, "He told me he was in love with me and I politely told him that I didn't reciprocate said feelings."

Bianca scoffed, "So she broke his heart," Before glancing over her shoulder at JJ who snickered lightly.

"I didn't break his heart!" Kiara whined, throwing the bag over her shoulder, "Look, I actually think I hurt his feelings, okay?"

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ questioned, lifting up a cardboard box full of more food.

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation," Kiara shrugged as the two followed her out the door of The Wreck and towards her car.

"Look, don't beat yourself up too much- he's completely changed his feels," JJ reassured behind the girls, "The past twenty-four hours has been Jekyll and Hyde."

"I hate to admit it," Kiara sighed, "But I miss the old Pope, at least I knew what to expect from him-"

Kiara was cut off when a car quickly pulled up into the driveway and Bianca's eyes widened as Anna Carrera, Kiara's mother, jumped out.

"Where have you been?" She charged towards the three, her lips pursed into a frown.

"Uh-" Kiara stuttered as JJ began to load the back of her car, "I'm fine- I slept here."

"We were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you!" Her were planted firmly on her hips, as she glanced behind her daughter at the couple, "Bianca, what are you doing? Lydia would never forgive me if I left you here-"

"I'm fine, Mrs Carrera," Bianca gave her a polite smile, the one she'd perfected when speaking with the Kook mothers of the Island Club.

"Let me take you home," Anna offered, "I'll talk to Michael-"

At this Bianca's eyes widened, "No- no— please don't tell my parents you saw me," Her heart began to race, stepping backwards.

She felt JJ's hand come to the small of her back, opening the car door and ushering her inside, "Get in the car," He whispered softly.

Anna's attention quickly turned back to her daughter once Bianca was inside the backseat, "Were you even going to tell us!?" She almost burst.

"Well I'm telling you right now," Kiara frowned.

"What the hell are you three up to?" She scoffed, looking between them them.

"Sorry Miss Anna," JJ gave her a small smile, "But we just gotta go."

"No, absolutely not!" Kiara's Mom began protesting as JJ slid into the passenger seat, "Have you heard what's going on?"

"Mom, I'll explain later!" Bianca could hear Kiara arguing outside.

"Have you seen the storm coming in? This is not safe!"

"I'm sorry, Mom. I have to go," The girl pleaded, getting into the drivers seat.

"These cops are armed, Kiara," Anna begged, "I am not letting you do this!"

"Mom, John B needs me!"

"You need to stay right here."

"I understand. I'll be careful," Kiara roughly pulled the door closed, "I'm sorry!"

Anna slammed her fist on the glass as Kiara shoved the key into ignition, the engine roaring to life, "I'm sorry!"

"I'm sorry!" Kiara cried before driving off with her Mom still banging on the door. Bianca glanced over at her best friend, feeling her heart wrench as they drove further and further away.

"I'm sorry," Kiara whispered hoarsely, voice cracking quietly into the silence of the car.

author's note. hi baes we've got like 6 or 7 chapters left but also have u seen the obx 2 trailer !?!? keen omg