𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

꒰ 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

When Bianca was little, she thought love was about red roses and expensive dinners

When Bianca was little, she thought love was about red roses and expensive dinners. She thought it was lavish gifts and long, elaborate 'I love you's. But Sarah Cameron taught her that soulmates weren't just lovers. That sometimes it's not a boy that makes you feel whole and understands you most in the whole world, but rather your best friend.

"John B!" Sarah waved down The Phantom as it slowed to a stop on Ward Cameron's dock, "Bianca!"

Her sneakers pounded heavily against the wood as Bianca rushed towards the blonde girl, both embracing each other tightly when they neared. The rumble of thunder echoed behind them, reminding them of the imminent storm about to hit the island, but neither cared as they held each other with all the strength they could muster.

"Oh my god," Bianca exhaled softly, pulling away from her best friend, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah- yeah, I'm fine," Sarah nodded quickly turning to her boyfriend still in the boat, "Are you guys alright?"

"We're good," John B called towards the girls.

Bianca turned to her best friend, trying to stifle a frown, "So you're leaving?"

Sarah opened her mouth to respond, but she didn't know what to say that could possible make Bianca feel any better about her departure. From behind them, John B hurried them, "Come on, Sarah, we gotta go."

"Coming," Sarah reassured him, "Just give me a sec," Before turning back to her best friend.

"You don't have to go, you know?" Bianca mumbled hesitantly, for once, struggling to meet Sarah's gaze, "You're not the one being charged for murder."

"No- no, B," Sarah gave the girl a comforting smile, holding her at arms-length, "It's only until this whole thing blows over."

"Please don't leave me," Bianca whispered almost under her breath, she'd promised herself she wouldn't get emotional or cry, but it was proving more and more impossible.

"B," Sarah sighed softly, how ironic it was that Sarah had spent so long trying to push Bianca away only to have to part with her unwillingly, "I don't have a choice."

"There's always a choice!" Bianca snapped harshly, "And you're choosing some guy over your best friend-"

"I know, but I can't leave him, B!" Sarah had tears brimming in her doe eyes, but she willed them not to fall, "I love him," She declared with utmost finality.

Bianca's heart wrenched at this, when she thought of Sarah- she thought of unconditional love. But she was starting to believe that their love had limits and she couldn't help the insecurities that had been so imbedded into her claw at her throat to have their last say, "Am I not enough of a reason to stay?"

"You are enough," Sarah wiped at Bianca's cheeks who only then realised she was crying, "You're more than enough and it's fucking killing me to go, B."

It had always been Bianca and Sarah, Sarah and Bianca, the thought of her best friend leaving tore her heart into shreds. She'd never felt this kind of hurt before- it was nothing like Rafe's break up or any insulting words her mother could've ever said to her. This was a different kind of break up and this time, Bianca didn't know if she'd survive it.

She had to fight the part of herself that wanted to lash out at John B for stealing her best friend- her sister away from her and as much as it hurt, Bianca couldn't be selfish. This went beyond petty arguments, high-school boyfriends and teenage gossip. This was life or death and if there was one person Bianca Prescott would be selfless for, it was Sarah Cameron.

"I get it," Bianca mumbled after the moment had passed and what was left between them was merely the salty air and harsh breeze of the oncoming storm, "John B needs you."

"I love you, B," Sarah narrowed her eyes, squeezing her best friend's hands tightly.

"I love you, S," Bianca sniffled lightly, embracing the girl in a hug, both of them squeezing so tight because they were afraid if they let go, they'd never see each other again, "Please don't say goodbye, I don't think I could handle that right now."

Sarah laughed, although it was sad and watery, "Then I'll see you later," She whispered, finally pulling away.

Bianca glanced over the girls shoulder at John B, who had gotten out of the boat and stood on the dock behind them, watching with a frown. He too didn't want Sarah to be forced into this life with him, but he loved her too much to let go.

Bianca took steps towards him and John B's heart began pounding faster because even after it all, the girl still scared the shit out of him. His breath hitched, however, when her arms wrapped around him in a hug and stood rigid for a few moments before he tenderly did the same.

"Careful, B," John B choked out a chuckle, "People might think that you actually like me."

Bianca wanted to laugh, she really did, but she couldn't anymore, "I hate you," She whispered up to him.

Bianca had never simultaneously wanted someone to rot in hell and give them the world because John B had both taken away the one person she vowed to spend the rest of her life with and given her an entirely new family to lean on. And she did hate John B, with her whole heart, but she also loved him to the ends of the earth- no matter what.

John B sent her a sad smile, "I know."

"Bring her back to me, John B," Bianca sniffled, squeezing her eyes tightly shut.

John B's jaw clenched, never having seen Bianca so vulnerable and felt a pang in his heart. He was tearing two people who loved each other apart and if there was one thing he could do, he could promise to bring them back together, "I will," He nodded, his chin resting on her head.

Sarah sent him a soft smile, for once her best friend and her boyfriend were finally connecting and although the circumstances were less than adequate, she couldn't have been happier.

"Now get lost," Bianca ordered when they pulled apart, crossing her arms over her chest as the wind whipped at her skin.

John B took a hold of Sarah's hand, ushering her by the small of her back onto the boat as Bianca walked backwards on the dock. She looked away as the couple shared a kiss and waved slightly when Sarah sent her a watery smile.

And maybe their love wasn't about red roses and expensive dinners.

It was giving half your fries even when they say they aren't hungry. It was waking up to them at 4am to them snoring and refraining from shoving them off the bed. It was talking in accents just for shits and trying to embarrass one another in public. It was going on adventures and making fun of each other. It was stupid fights and memorable makeups.

Love never had to be pretty or romantic- love was just stumbling through life with your best friend.

author's note. hi a bit short but here ya go