𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

꒰ 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘱𝘰 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

Rafe Cameron had wrecked Bianca Prescott, broken her heart, and shattered her spirit

"John B, what the hell are we doing at the police station?" JJ frowned when Kiara parked her Dad's car in from of Kildare's police department the same night.

"Somebody's gotta tell them what happened," John B replied, glancing wearily out the window.

John B had filled in the group of what happened- Peterkin had showed up at the airstrip ready to arrest Ward for the murder of Big John. But before she could, Rafe shot her point blank. The Cameron boy claimed he was protecting his father, saving him, making him proud.

Rafe fucking Cameron, the boy Bianca once thought she would end up marrying and spending the rest of her life with. She knew how much her ex-boyfriend had wanted his father's approval, she just didn't know how far he was willing to go to get it. It made her question every moment, every memory and every little thing she'd ever known about Rafe. She felt sickened, not just by the boy she'd fallen for but by herself.

Bianca had been so blinded by love and hate that she couldn't see just how much Rafe was hurting- that he'd go to such drastic and fatal lengths to rid himself of that feeling.

Suddenly, Pope coughed violently within the car with a joint in between his fingers, drawing her out of her thoughts.

"Easy there, chief," JJ mumbled, patting the boy's back, "Damn."

The Maybank boy was leaning against the door of the car with Bianca sitting across from him. JJ didn't know whether to be glad she'd stopped crying or worried that she'd been entirely silent on the drive down.

JJ turned to John B, "Listen, I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental," He continued, "Just like my old man always told me. You should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is."

Kiara frowned, "Your old man's also an abusive liar."

"I agree with JJ," Pope nodded, "Fuck the police."

Kiara scoffed from the front seat, "You goin' to the dark side now?"

"When's the last time the police ever helped us?" Pope sneered back.

Bianca couldn't disagree, most of the cops in Kildare were shitty- hell, she even bribed Shoupe on occasion. They never seemed to listen to anyone unless they have boatloads of cash, but not Peterkin. She was the exception.

"Peterkin looked out for me- alright?" John B suddenly snapped, "Tried to- at least."

Bianca glanced out the window, feeling her heart get heavier at John B's last words, stomach twisting with guilt. JJ glanced down at the girl across from him and slowly entwined their hands together.