Chapter 29

I heard a familiar voice sound from the classroom to my right. And unable to mind my own business I swung the door open forcefully and stepped inside.

"..." Greenwich stood frozen for a moment and then glared at me. "What, what? What do you want?" He asked me moodily, and then his eyes gleamed as if he realised something. He coughed haughtily, puffing out his chest. "Oh~ I guess you finally wanted to befrie-"

I quickly interrupted him after getting over the shock of what he was wearing. His poorly knitted fuchsia sweater had a badly knitted portrait of him and the heroine framed by a heart. The faces were misaligned and deformed into some kind of monstrous image.

Seeing a previously attractive guy dressed so horribly, I must've lost my mind. Because any semblance of etiquette I had been taught had been thrown out the window.

"No!" I shouted out, rejecting the image in front of me.

"W-what are you doing?" Greenwich's voice shook as he tried to fight against me. "Stop!" He softly karate chopped my hands as I struggled to rip the sweater off of him. "No you can't. This is wrong, I have a girlfriend." He shouted trying to push me off, weakly.

Is it me, or is he not trying that hard to shake me off?

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" We both froze at the sudden entrance of a third party.

I turned to see the back of a familiar purple-haired boy. He had paused at the door, and then slowly tilted his head to the right. Then finally turned back around with a look of shock as he realised who it was in the room. His eyes were filled with betrayal as he looked at the both of us and then at my hands on Greenwich.

"N-no, Audeus this isn't what it looks like." I tried to remedy the situation, feeling as though there was a huge misunderstanding about to unfold.

"This is exactly what it looks like!" Greenwich chimed in. "You just came in here and tried to strip my clothes off. I know it's hard to keep your hands away from someone like me, but this is not the way." He yanked his sweater from my grip and took a step back.

Audeus turned to me with a raised brow, silently asking for an explanation.

"His sweater was so ugly, I just couldn't bear to witness someone attractive do that to themselves." I quickly yanked his sweater off while he was unguarded and smiled happily seeing his visuals restored.

"U-ugly?" Greenwich stammered, so shocked by my words that he didn't even try to get his sweater back.

"... Attractive?" At the same time Audeus questioned coldly, his eyes darkening with emotion. "You find him... Attractive?" He looked towards Greenwich with a murderous stare.

"Ahem, yes of course you would find someone like me attractive. If you didn't then that would be even more shocking." He laughed obnoxiously while ripping the sweater back from my hands.

The atmosphere in the room grew colder immediately after his statement. I turned back towards Audeus who looked to be deep in thought.

"Am I attractive?" Audeus suddenly stepped towards me.

"W-what? Why are you suddenly..." I widened my eyes in surprise.

"I guess not." He frowned in annoyance, stepping towards Greenwich this time. "... can't have that..." He reached out towards Greenwich, who looked both scared and confused.

"What? Of course you're attractive!" I furrowed my eyebrows, I literally always compliment his looks. Obviously, the main cast must have both a perfect face and background (even if their personalities ain't all that).

"Who's more attractive me or him?" They both asked simultaneously.

If I had to say based on visuals alone... I'm sorry Audeus. Greenwich is more my style, but his personality dropped him a few points.

"Audeus." I answered, causing him to show a triumphant look as he pulled me to his side.

"No, wait. Are you judging us off looks or personality?" Greenwich was unwilling to lose this battle of looks.

"Both." I answered honestly.

"It should be looks only. Attractiveness is a physical quality, don't base it off of personality." Greenwich shook his head vigorously, asking for a re-election. Shockingly, he was aware that his personality was trash.

"Okay, then it's Greenwich." I avoided looking directly at Audeus for fear of seeing a pitiful display.

"Of course!" Greenwich nodded happily as he pushed his chest out triumphantly.

"..." Audeus stood silently, not moving a muscle. "Okay." He muttered dejectedly.

I squinted my eyes as I prepared myself to see the look on Audeus' face, and immediately regretted it.

He looks so sad...

"I still like you better." I murmured to Audeus, in hopes of consoling him.

"How much do you like me?" He looked me straight in the eyes with an unyielding look.

"H-huh?" I stammered, feeling slightly entranced by his starry eyes.

"How much do you like me? Enough to date me? Enough to marry me?" He took another step towards me, grabbing me by the shoulders.

"What the... Is this a proposal?" Greenwich asked in shock, but was ignored by the two of us.

"W-what, what are you talking about?" I blinked rapidly while trying to pull away from him.

"Woah, is she actually that dumb? Even I know what he's trying to say." Greenwich once again commentated, and was, unsurprisingly, ignored.

"I-ignore that." Audeus pulled himself away as he quickly came to a realisation. "No, don't ignore it." He rubbed his face in distress, then turned to glare at Greenwich.

"Okay, well I'll leave you to it." Greenwich quickly escaped under Audeus' stare.

Audeus straightened his back and took a deep breath before dropping a bombshell.

"I like you... enough to date you, enough to marry you."

A/N:
This chapter was long overdue SORRY SORRY I had assignments and then writer's block. Like I had another chapter but I didn't like how it was going so I was stuck on that for like a week. Then I was like f it and decided to reintroduce Greenwich cause I love and hate the guy. I'll probs draw the sweater (and Greenwich) when I get the time cause it's one ugly sweater in my head 😂😂 Also MIKORIN AND GREENWICH ARE SO SIMILAR I kept thinking about Mikorin and was like wait... that's literally Greenwich