Chapter 9

Audeus stuck to his routine of ignoring me at school but coming around to pester me at my job. Every time I saw him lingering by the entrance or hiding in a corner somewhere the smile on my face faltered.

After repeatedly receiving a scolding from my boss I was compelled to finally confront him. I stomped over to him after clocking off but he clambered to collect his belongings while hurriedly retreating.

I chased after him but quickly fell behind. Panting as I leaned over to clutch my knees, I grew irritated. Tears of frustration leaked out of my eyes as I glared at his shrinking figure.

The next day I was determined to confront the bastard. I stalked him silently from within the shadows and finally revealed myself when he entered the silent courtyard. 

"You... I want a word with you." I found it difficult to restrain my anger as I met face-to-face with the nuisance. "Every day- every day you come to my workplace but at school you ignore me?" I pinched my nose bridge in agitation. "Is it fun to watch my boss scold me because of you? Is it fun to ignore me at school, pretending like you don't know me?" Months of holding in my annoyance came out all at once as I stood blocking the only exit.

He backed away slowly shaking his head fervently as he looked from me to the exit.

"I-I didn't mean to." My eyebrows raised at the sound of his voice-cracking. "I really d-didn't." His trembling voice coupled with the ever-changing pitch almost made me laugh, despite the seriousness. But remembering his avoidance hardened my heart.

"You didn't? Then what do you call the past few months, huh? Was I just imagining you running away when you saw me? Just imagining you ignoring me whenever I waved at you? Don't, lie to me." I grabbed hold of his wrist as he tried to run around me in an attempt to escape.

"L-l-let go of me." He stuttered out trying to yank himself out of my grasp but in the process fell backward, pulling us both down. "Ah." He cried out from under me.

I took in the sight before me, the fall had caused his shirt to raise slightly, displaying some of his abdomen. The back of his hand was placed over his trembling lips and his face was turned to the side showing the reddened tips of his ears. His purple hair slowly fell to the side, revealing a pair of hooded eyes that were peeking at me from below.

My mouth dried at the sight and I felt that the scene was reminiscent of a greasy guy trying to force an innocent girl into an unspeakable act. I quickly scrambled backward with my heart throbbing in my chest... I-I almost became a pervert.

"Y-you why are you reacting like that?" I thumped my chest in an attempt to calm the drumming inside.

He continued lying there with his hands now entirely covering his face as he let out an embarrassed cry. My eyebrows furrowed in response and then I realised something... Something I wished I hadn't realised.

There was-

There was a-

There was an obvious tent in his trousers...

I scrambled backwards even further feeling my face burning, not even flinching when I slammed into a wall. My gaze avoided looking at him, who was crying mournfully.

He quickly stood up and rushed out,
still covering his face.

I sat there with my hands shading my eyes as I stared down at my knees. I widened them whilst trying to erase the image that I had just seen. I had never dealt with that in my previous life because I went to an all-girls high school and college. The only interactions with males were those at my part-time job with them all being 18 or over and they weren't particularly attracted to the 14 year old me. S-so I never had to see such a thing.

I-it's fine, t-that's what happens to boys during puberty... Isn't it?

It was my own fault, I shouldn't have cornered him like that. It's better to pretend that I saw nothing. B-but now that I think of it, d-didn't he keep looking at my chest recently?

N-no way, no way, right?  It's not like I can see his eyes anyways.

B-but after spending so much time with him I can figure out where he's looking.

No! He's supposed to be a gentleman devoted to the heroine, not a pervert looking at underdeveloped girl's chests. 

A/N: loll our villain is not a pedo she's forgetting he's also underdeveloped. Ur crush seeing ur peeepereepeeper, feels bad man