Chapter 15

It was time to start applying for some colleges, according to the original story this was where the heroine starts to meet the love interests.

I had hoped I would be accepted into a college on the opposite town of that one. But you know life doesn't always go how you want it and you just gotta deal with it.

"Is there no way for you to take another look at my application?" I begged the receptionist for the fifth time this week.

"Haa, I had a look yesterday because I was getting sick of these daily visitations. You didn't even apply for this college and it's past the submission date so we can't do anything." I lay flat against the receptionist's counter in dismay.

"N-no I'm sure you got it, I even came to drop it off!" I sobbed into the cold wood in distress.

"I'm sorry we can't help you." She waved her hand in a gesture that was kindly telling me to piss off.

"Urgh." Even though this college isn't as good as the heroine's one, it's still pretty good and it's really close to home. I was really hoping to stay away from those lot.

Plus, I didn't even send an application form to that one...

As I was walking back home I got distracted by a kids playground barely visible through a bunch of trees.

"What's this? We had one this close to our house?" I blinked rapidly as I wandered closer to it. The college was only a fifteen minute walk from our place, but we never came to this side. Because all the shops were in the complete opposite direction of this area.

I sat on the swings testing out the seats and then launched myself as I tried to go faster and faster.

"Ooh! This is so fun." I screamed at the top of my lungs while I circled around the metal bar. "Haha." As you can see I was overly-excited, well up until my hand slipped and I came crashing down to the ground. "Ow, ow, ow." I cradled my arm that had been scratched up by some gravel that shouldn't be in this rubberised playground.

I stood up shaking my arm trying to make the pain fly off. "This place is not safe at all, I don't think I can bring Soee here." I shuddered at the painful feeling on my forearm as blood started to trickle down.

"Pfft, it's not the playgrounds fault that you're acting like an idiot." I stood up ram-rod straight at the unexpected sound of another person's voice. "I was wondering who was screaming so loudly in this shit-hole of a park, so I came over and got to see something interesting."

But, who asked?

I furrowed my eyebrows at this random green-haired guy. It's obviously a capture target but why is it talking to me?

"Oi, I'm talking to you. Did you lose all your brain cells from the fall?" He sneered as he looked down at me.

"You're being awfully rude to someone who doesn't know you." I mumbled inaudibly under my breath, being rude to the capture targets was a sure fire way of getting killed. So I couldn't treat them like I did to Audeus, after all Audeus was basically on the same level as me.

We were death buddies. And death strengthens bonds... even though he caused my death and I didn't get to cause his.

"Are you selectively mute or just dumb?" Suddenly he was grabbing my face and squeezing my jaw while forcing me to look at him.

"Ahh... Choo." I sneezed directly onto his face and he scrambled backwards in disgust.

"Y-you disgusting rat." He seemed flustered by the wetness of my mucus on his face.

"Must be allergies or something." I shrugged while trying to hide the satisfied smile on my face. "If you hadn't grabbed me you wouldn't have gotten sprayed." I pouted while his face reddened in anger.

"S-Sovie!" Suddenly Audeus joined the fray from out of nowhere. He glared at the bogey man before hurrying over to me with a first-aid kit.

"Where the hell did you come from and why do you have a first-aid kit?" I questioned him with a bewildered stare.

"Your arm." He gestured for me to show him as he opened up the med-kit, ignoring my questions entirely.

"You're not going to apologise?" Seaweed-haired bugger asked with his arms crossed looking annoyed.

"Perdón?" I asked before realising they don't speak Spanish in this world.

"It might sting a little." Audeus warned as he began dabbing at my wounds with a alcohol doused cotton swab.

"Apologise." An annoying bug buzzed.

"Tss, that's not a little." I hissed at him as I tried to yank my arm back but failed as Audeus' grip tightened.

"Are you really ignoring me?" The man that was long forgotten sounded out in an aggrieved tone.

"You shouldn't play on the swings like that." Audeus scolded as he gently bandaged my arm.

"I'm still here." His voice was sounding more and more pathetic.

"Eh, how did you know I got this from the swings?" I looked over at Audeus in suspicion.

"I wa-was passing by the park when I heard you laughing and saw you fall."

"Hello? Can you not hear me?" The idiot spoke with a wet voice as his eyes teared up.

"What do you want man?" I sighed in annoyance as I finally looked over at him.

"Ha, were you trying to play hard to get?" He wiped his tears as a triumphant smirk graced his face.

"Well this was good. I had fun, thank you Audeus." I waved goodbye making sure to ignore that guy across from us.

"I'll take you home." Audeus offered as we walked passed the confused male lead.

A/N: he's an idiot but I like him already🤣🤣