Chapter 7

I sat on the ground stretching to touch my toes as Audeus' trembling hands pushed down on my back.

"You're not even trying hard, how am I supposed to stretch my muscles with your weak pushes." I turned towards him to see him ducking his head into his tracksuit top. I couldn't even see his expression, just his overgrown hair.

"I-I can't do this." He pulled away from me before stepping up and getting ready to run.

"What's wrong with you?" I almost yelled in exasperation, tugging his arm before he could escape.

"N-n-nothing." He stammered, anxiously trying to shrug me off.

"Did I do something?" My brows furrowed in confusion as I tried to figure out if I had done something to get him to act in such a weird way. I needed to at least stay on his good side to avoid being killed later on.

"No! J-just stop touching me." His arm flailed wildly as he tried to throw me off. His elbow smacked into my chest and he stiffened immediately. "S-s-s-sorry." He sobbed, pushing me harshly before turning to leave.

I watched as his flustered figure ran inside. It was only then that I realised the whole class had been silently watching us. "Did he just... No way..." "Lucky." "Audeus you dog, I have a newfound respect for you." I could only make out some of the words the people within the crowd whispered.

My face flushed red hearing those comments and many like it being traded around. There wasn't even anything to touch yet!

"Silence, everyone get back to stretching. Sovie, follow me." The teacher shouted and then began walking away from the group.

"Did he touch you inappropriately?" She asked gently.

"H-he didn't! It was an accident, he wouldn't do that." I tried to rectify the situation, although in hindsight it would've been better to let the rumours spread. Maybe his minions would catch wind of it and then they'll befriend him and the plot will continue properly.

"Are you sure? If he did you can tell me, you won't get in trouble." She pressed.

My face further flushed in embarrassment. It was really a misunderstanding...

After sitting out with Alezis during P.E, the teacher thought it would be better for me to sit out and recover from my trauma, we finally returned to our classroom. Audeus was nowhere to be seen, as a matter of fact, he disappeared for the next week too.

When he finally came back he no longer pestered me, actually, he seemed to be purposefully avoiding me.

Have my prayers been heard? Was fate on my side again?

My eyes followed him as he walked down the corridor alongside two boys. The blond guy stood to his right and the brunet on his left. That pair with their ties hanging around their necks like a scarf and piercings riddling their ears...

His minions! I almost jumped in glee seeing the sight, finally, the plot was back on track. While I was internally celebrating Audeus and his crew were already getting closer. He came to a stuttering stop and I felt his gaze fall from my face to something below.

I gave him a quizzical glance while waving but he shook his head repeatedly, covering his face with his hands before all but running away from me.

Well, that's kind of hurtful.

This behaviour continued on for weeks, and every time he ignored or ran away from me I felt just a little bit hurt.

"Audeus." My voice came out colder than I had intended, but my annoyance had already piled up for way too long.

Sensing his reluctance to talk and seeing him switching into flight mode I grabbed him by the collar, stopping him from going anywhere.

"Why are you running? I just want to talk." He stopped struggling as he turned slowly to see the forced smile on my face. His eyes widened and he struggled even more fiercely than before.

"N-no, I don't want to talk to you." He refused vehemently and I felt my chest constrict. Annoyingly, it seemed I had categorised him as a close acquaintance since I had no friends. Seeing the person I had hung around with for a few years-albeit reluctantly- now not wanting anything to do with me was a little painful.

"D-don't talk to me then. I never wanted to be friends with you anyway." My voice grew thick with emotion and I let go of him, running away from him as fast as I could.

"S-so mean." I sobbed into my arms while crouching in a hidden corner of the courtyard. "E-even though he's the one who k-ept following me."

I don't even have any friends! I nestled my head deeper into my arms while trying to calm down.

Fine, if you don't want to hang around with me then don't. I don't care, I don't care at all.

A/N: lil sneak peak of teenage Audeus we ain't tryna show too much. I'm so far behind on uni work but we got reading week next week so I can cram it all in there inshallah but 🤭🤭I'm pretty sure I've got like whole books to read so idk about that

^Sovie @ Audeus