Prologue

Don't ask me what, when, where, who, whence or how I got here just know that I ended up reincarnated into an otome game.

And my role? Of course, I was the heroine who had charmed top class folk into submitting to me in my reverse-harem setting. Actually, that was just a hallucination I had due to my being on the brink of death because of starvation.

My reincarnation was not a hallucination though. I was in fact reincarnated but my position at the moment was not very favourable. I was a cannon fodder character raised in a poor family, doomed to die in a plot that was formed by the villain of the game.

In my past life, I was also raised in a poor family and ended up dying in a freak accident... At the feeble age of 17, I was bitten by a rat on the way home and fell backward through an open door of a construction site. I fell into the perfect position to be crushed by some stray pipes falling from the scaffolding above.

But now that I was here I couldn't handle the fact that I was born poor again! Please, please let me eat meat at least once a week. Is that too much to ask for, is it? I screamed into my pillow in frustration.

I was cursed, cursed to live poorly. I just want a few hundred thousand pounds to keep my bank account warm. I wanted to eat premium steak with more blood than cooked meat. I wanted to throw away the cabbages scattered in random areas of my small home.

I wasn't asking for much, just that my small dream could come to fruition. A small dream of a million pounds!

But for now, I was stuck in primary school, with no legal way of making money. So at the moment, I was pursuing great grades instead. With free school breakfast and lunch packing me with enough energy to study non-stop and pave my way to becoming a billionaire who can commit tax fraud.

After lunch, our class had a science lesson, and I was dreading it. Why, you ask? Of course, there could be no greater reason for dreading the class than being seatmates with the villain of the game.

Audeus Armen, the man responsible for throwing a wrench in the middle of the blossoming romance between the protagonists and also murdering me. He was the one man she could not get into the harem, as he refused to share her with another man or men. I mean, it was completely normal for him to act as such but the way he went around trying to keep the heroine monogamous was totally wrong.

Like for example in the good end, he tried to imprison the heroine after drugging and kidnapping her, of course, she was saved by her army of admirers. The CGs in the game on that route were scary enough to give me nightmares.

Oh, you're probably wondering how I had the ability to even play the game if I was so poor in my other life. A friend of mine lent me her console, moving on.

At this moment in time, Audeus was not yet the crazed bastard he was in the game. But his personality now was even more disconcerting. Why was he so docile?? The evil, psychotic villain was now a shy seven-year-old boy.

"I-I forgot my book, c-could I borrow some paper?" He mumbled in an extremely quiet voice that was barely audible.

"Speak louder, stop stuttering, grow a backbone. Rip the whole book out of my hands like you own it." I reprimanded him, causing him to shrink further into his invisible shell, as I neatly tore him a piece of paper from the middle of my book.

I couldn't handle this docile villain so I was trying to help him tap into his inner evil, with subtle messages and the like.

"T-t-t-thank you." His stutter became more pronounced as his nervous aura grew and began seeping over to my side of the desk.

Then I suddenly recalled some information from my previous life. A psychology experiment that showed reprimanding and punishing a stutter would worsen it. At times like this, a more loving approach was the key.

"You have to be more confident or you'll get bullied, Audeus." I spoke to him in a more gentle tone causing his ears to redden.

"N-n-n-name. H-how-" My exasperated sigh cut him off mid-sentence. That psychology experiment was complete and utter sh-.

"Miss. Poor go stand outside in the hallway. I won't stand for your constant disruption of our class." My thoughts were rudely interrupted by our science teacher Mrs. Randerphine.

A/N: Another Chinese novel inspired story lolll also idk why but villains are just it for me, like they just have this aura that is 👌🏻👌🏻