Chapter 33

"Close the door, close the door." Shi yelled as I was yanked into my house by Soee and her. Shao quickly slammed the door shut before Audeus was able to enter.

This was the day after news of our relationship had hit the family. When they first found out Shao and Shi began pushing Audeus out the door while Soee sat there frozen in shock.

They then collectively decided to give me the silent treatment. While I was thankful to no longer be hearing the screams of the twins as they fought I couldn't handle Soee ignoring me. Three whole hours, he sat there, actively ignoring me for three hours. I couldn't believe it, how could my (favourite) sibling ignore me like this?

"Sister... Are you really going to marry Audeus?" Soee asked, his eyes glittering with tears as he looked up at me through his lashes.

"N-n-no." I shook my head fervently.

I cannot make Soee sad.

"Yes she will." Audeus called out firmly from outside the door.

"B-b-but you, me- we kissed first! So you have to marry me." Soee shook his head in distress as he struggled to get the words out. I watched as his eyes reddened and tears flew off his face while he shook his head.

"Of course, of course. The first kiss is the most important." I nodded trying to console him.

"I agree, he's your brother so he'll look after you better." Shi nodded in acknowledgement. Soee immediately brightened and began to nod his head enthusiastically. Looking especially cute with his ruddy cheeks and reddened eyes.

... Wait, isn't this kind of thinking a bit skewed?

"A-and if Soee's too young... We could get- ow!" Shao was stammering out until Soee suddenly tripped over his shoes and slammed into him.

"Are you guys okay?" I grabbed Soee before he hit the ground and he wrapped his arms around my neck burrowing his face into my shoulder. I tried to lift Shao up, but he was too busy glaring at Soee.

"Two-fac..." Shao muttered angrily under his breath while tidying his clothes.

"You can't marry either of them, they're your brothers." Audeus yelled, seemingly distraught. At his statement Shi's eyes began to glow with excitement and her whole body seemed to be electrified.

"So... She can marry me?" Shi questioned bashfully.

No... I can't.

"N-no, you're still blood-related. S-she can only m-m-marry me." Audeus completely shot down her idea. Her whole body deflated and she clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Why can she only marry you? What about Greenwich? I like him more. He's such an idiot, it'll be easier to control him." Shi rolled her eyes and crossed her arms looking particularly thuggish.

"You met Greenwich?" Audeus' voice suddenly lowered and I could almost feel the black aura radiating from him.

"Yeah, he came over the other day while you were away." Shi was telling the truth but for some reason it felt like she purposely worded it in a way that could lead to misunderstanding.

"Sovie~" Audeus spoke in a soft enticing tone, momentarily putting away his dark aura. "Can you let me in?" The lilt in his voice was slightly hypnotic and I found myself dazedly reach towards the door.

"No, you're not allowed in here, you demon!" Shi yelled while blocking my way. Shao stood in front of her creating a second barrier, while Soee tightened his grip around my neck, pulling me down slightly.

"Sister, you can't do that... I won't talk to you if you let him in." Soee shook his head, speaking in a softer tone than Audeus. His fingers tapped rhythmically against my neck as he pulled me closer to him.

I couldn't deal with Soee ignoring me again, seeing his angry face while he refused to engage in conversation was too much for me to handle.

"I won't let him in." I nodded resolutely, patting Soee on the back.

"Can you just t-tell me why that bas- I-I mean Greenwich was here?" Audeus spoke through gritted teeth.

"He came over to bring Sovie food." Shi seemed to be enjoying Audeus' obvious agitation.

"No, he did-" My thoughts were completely side-tracked as Soee's pouty face came into view. "So cute!" I haven't seen him pull this face since he was 3 years old. He kissed my cheek with a shy expression. "Ugh." I rubbed my face with one hand trying to hold myself back but my will was weakened by Soee's blushing face.

I screamed internally into the void to calm myself down. But once again my weak-willed nature interfered and I couldn't hold back the kisses I was raining down on the angel in my arms.

"Hehe." Soee giggled, wriggling weakly in my grip. "Sovie, we can't there's people watching." His face burned red but he wasn't putting any energy into trying to escape.

"Why do you only treat Soee like that?" Shi questioned aggrievedly. "I want kiss-" Shi's tantrum came to an abrupt halt as she looked towards Soee. I glanced down at him to see him sending a frosty look towards Shi.

I furrowed my eyebrows and then rubbed my eyes, thinking it was impossible that my cute Soee would make such a scary expression. When I looked again he was blinking cutely towards me with a big smile.

"What's wrong Sovie?" He asked with his head tilted to the side.

"N-no, nothing." I shook my head, brushing off my blasphemous thoughts against Soee. He was too cute to be sending such a psychopathic look towards Shi.

A/N:
Audeus standing outside: ...
Greenwich at home: *shudders*

Greenwich is just cannon fodder at this point. And yes Soee is a snake, it's not surprising at all that he evolved into this. But he is obv no match for the purple haired boy. I'll probs be updating every two weeks cause I have to concentrate more on my dissertation once I'm finished in sept it'll be back to regular updates