Chapter 31

Audeus POV

What do I do? She keeps avoiding me after I confessed.

Was I too rash?

It was because I saw her with that idiot Greenwich. The sight of the two of them so close together, undressing each other (this is not what happened), was burned into my retinas.

Maybe, I shouldn't have confessed...

But, what if her and that idiot got together? I wouldn't be able to stand it, I might end up doing something I'd regret...

My heart dropped when she ran away after I confessed so hastily.

Ahh, I blew it. I grimaced as I watched her getting further away.

"Me running away doesn't mean I don't like you, I just need to think it over!" My eyes widened in surprise as she clarified her intentions and my heart rate shot up in excitement.

There's still a possibility that she likes me! I struggled to bite back a smile at the very thought of her sharing even an inkling of my feelings.

The smile was replaced by a grimace as I watched her run away as soon as she spotted me, on multiple occasions.

I scoffed at my earlier optimism, she doesn't like me. I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling as I tried to figure out what to do next.

I have no idea.

I glared at the ceiling tugging at my hair in frustration before I finally turned to grab my phone. Maybe I could ask for advice from someone?

That option was quickly smashed into pieces as I looked at my almost empty contacts list. There was only one name in the list, and I can't ask her for advice. I winced as I turned my phone off and then on and then off again. After doing this for ten minutes I finally decided that the only people able to counsel me on this would be those on the internet.

I hesitantly typed my dilemma into an online forum. After much deliberation I published the post and waited while staring at the screen. Moments later my phone dinged as multiple people began to respond.

I clenched my teeth in annoyance as I saw the screen filling with emojis, mostly laughing and gravestone ones.

"F***." I cursed angrily, and then laughed in embarrassment. Did I seriously thinking random idiots on the internet would be of help?

Then from within those laughing at my expense one poster responded with sincere advice.

Chillis97: if you seriously confessed like that I'll be honest, there's not much we can do for you. But, having said that, it doesn't seem like she's completely against the idea of the two of you being together. Maybe try pushing her a little harder? Girls do like that assertive approach sometimes.

I read his post a few times and suddenly recalled the comic book characters Sovie would always swoon over. The male lead was usually the pushy arrogant type.

Whilst at work I tried to remember the names of the comics she recommended, and ordered one of my employees to purchase everything on the list.

I stared at the comic book in front of me, feeling my ears redden at the image. I gulped audibly while tugging at my tie in an effort to cool down.

If, i-if I did something like that to Sovie.

I shook my head as my imagination began drifting into unsafe territory. But as I flipped through the comic I found my thoughts drifting back to that scene.

"Boss." An employee entered suddenly causing me to stiffen and drop the comic. I coughed loudly in embarrassment, glaring at him while he sent a sheepish grin. "You didn't answer when I knocked." He offered up as an excuse.

"Get out." I spoke in an icy tone causing him to pause for a second.

Argh, he can't see the comic right? He can't possible see it from there, right?

"It's urgent." He stressed while dropping a file on to the table before explaining the situation.

I tried paying attention to him but felt my gaze drawing back to the comic laying on the ground.

If I did that...

My thoughts were flooded with images making me unable to concentrate. I clenched and unclenched my fist as I tried to force myself to focus on his words.

But, it was impossible. My face had been on fire for a few minutes and after the employee left I crouched down, hiding my face in shame.

If she found out about my thoughts, how would she respond?

Ah.

I'd get slapped.

I picked up the comic, regaining something resembling composure and flipped through the pages. I wouldn't be able to even kiss her unless she likes me...

I spent a few restless nights mimicking the actions I saw in the comics and also thinking about some stuff not in the comics.

Finally, I felt I was prepared enough to confront her.

A/N:
We love a perverted ML ✌🏻😬✌🏻😬
Here's the training that you didn't get to see leading up to ma boi making a move. Mæn was thinking hard bout how to seduce our FL, RIP to my alternate ship Greenwich x Sovie, you lived and died all too quickly.