Chapter 13

My butt was reluctant to part with the soft cushiony goodness that was the Lolls Loyce's interior. I could practically hear her sobbing as I picked myself up and took a step out of the car. It was back to sitting on the old thin rug in our house when I left this car.

Butt, don't worry we'll soon be able to enjoy comfort like the rich.

My eyes ignited with a new found vigour and I was motivated to study harder. But was interrupted by the scene of my siblings rushing out of the house with awe-struck gazes.

"I-I saw this in the T.V at my friends house. Have you got a rich shug-shuga?" Shi blinked rapidly, trying to remember the word, but gave up and instead ran up to the car.

"W-what's she so excited about? It's just a car." Shao's eyes glittered with amazement but his mouth expressed something different entirely.

"You know," I took a step towards him signalling with my index finger for him to come come closer. "it actually transforms into a robot at night time." I whispered conspiratorially, as I watched Shao's eyes widen.

"Pfft, hah, pff do you think I'm a kid? As if I'd believe that." Shao huffed and snorted as if he had caught my lie but the excitement could be clearly seen by how he was hopping from one foot to the other as his eyes drifted back to towards the car.

"If you don't believe me, go check." I bit back a smile and he rolled his eyes.

"I-I'm only going because you're telling me to, otherwise I wouldn't even look at it." His face brightened immediately as he ran after Shi to go check for signs of robotic life.

"Sovie." Soee came waddling out the house and wrapped his arms around my legs, completely uninterested in the car.

"This is why I love you." I squealed picking him up and smattering his face with kisses. He was completely untainted by the greed in this world.

"Ahem, uhm sh-should I take your siblings for a ride? We have a booster seat in the boot for him too." Audeus reached his hands out in an attempt to pull Soee away from me. Soee, in response, nestled deeper into my arms hiding his face in my neck, successfully making my heart melt.

I was about to reject Audeus' offer for the twins but upon seeing their tear filled eyes as they pleaded for me to let them go I finally relented.

"The traitors can go with you." I huffed while tightening my grip on Soee.

"Sh-shouldn't I take this little one too?" Audeus signalled for me to give him Soee, but Soee shook his head in response.

"Our Soee, he's so loyal." I cooed, pinching his chubby cheeks. "Did I tell you that I loved you?" I laughed loudly and open-mouthed as I smothered him in kisses again, ignoring the audience around us.

"I-I think you should really let him ride in the car with his brother and sister won't he get jealous later? S-Saying how he didn't get the chance to ride in a Lolls but his siblings did and instead he just got to be held by you." Audeus rambled on trying to convince me but Soee was adamant not to let go.

"Sorry Audeus, it looks like he doesn't want to come." I failed to sound even the least bit sorry, seeing Soee refusing to let go of me was making me extremely happy. "We'll just wait here for you to come back." Seeing my four-year old brother sticking so strongly to his convictions I vowed to do the same.

I wouldn't enter his car again, and I would never involve myself with men again. Soee was more than enough for me.

"Soee, should I bake something for you today?" I asked while calculating the costs for the ingredients and gas. We should have enough, I decided.