Chapter 18

My gaze was focused on the other side of the classroom as I sent a cold glare to Audeus. Then my eyes drifted towards his seat mate, to my only friend, Alezis.

I clenched my fist, biting it in distress.

It's not fair.

Alezis...

I want to be with you.

Audeus' gaze met mine and he had a similarly ugly look on his face as he glanced to the boy sitting beside me.

"Hey, Sovie." Seaweed boy, who's name was actually Greenwich, had been trying to get my attention for the past 5 minutes.

"Your name sounds so dumb." He held back a proud smirk, as if what he had said was some great insult.

"... Listen you have green hair and your name has green in it. Do you know how stupid you sound saying my name is dumb?" I had scrapped my plan of trying to stay on the good side of the protagonists. This guy was a prick.

I was getting sick of his constant chattering beside my ear as he begged for even an ounce of attention.

"H-how dare you say that! I was named after my great-grandfather who's actually a really good man." My mind blanked as I listened to him talk and my attention drifted to other things. Like the poster board in the back of the classroom that had collages of pudding on it for some reason.

"Okay, wow that's great. Was his hair green too?" I sneered at him and rolled my eyes before turning to doodle in my planner. We had 20 minutes of form time in the morning meaning I was stuck with this nuisance for another 15 minutes and also the rest of the school year...

(A/N: I'm laughing cause it's literally only been five minutes and she's acting like he's been at it for hours and I didn't realise that while I was writing it lool)

"Y-yeah... Your drawings are terrible." He quickly changed the topic and made another stupid remark.

"H-how could you say that? I tried my best to draw you as close to reality as possible." I bit back a smile as I saw his offended expression.

"You're trying to say that... That thing is me?" He pointed at the small green-haired creature in my planner in disgust. The small gremlin stood paused mid-dance in the corner of the page with sunken eyes and protruding cheekbones.

I nodded solemnly, showing him a look of pity. After which he immediately tore the page out of my planner scrunching it up angrily as he sent me a deathly glare.

"Ah! My masterpiece." I cried out reaching out to pull it from his grip. He moved his hand further from me and I was almost lying across the table as I tried to pry it from his hands.

Before I could reach it the paper was ripped out of Greenwich's hand by Audeus who had suddenly arrived.

His gaze landed on my body, half lying on the table and then drifted to Greenwich. He inhaled slowly pinching his nose bridge before pulling Greenwich's chair out from below him causing the pathetic guy to fall to the ground.

Seeing Greenwich on the ground he let out a sigh of relief. And then slowly pulled me off the table and sat me down, moving my chair and me to the furthest edge of the table.

"W-why did you do that for?" Greenwich stammered with tears in his eyes as he stood up slowly, obviously in pain.

Wooh, the villain is in his preliminary stages of evil! Attacking the capture targets is always a good sign, especially this annoying one.

Before he could answer the door to the classroom swung open as our form tutor returned from his trip to the toilet.

"Audeus, what are you doing over there? That's not your seat." The teacher glanced over at the three of us looking slightly confused.

"Sorry." Audeus non-committedly apologised before making a sluggish return to his seat.

Later at lunch Audeus slid in beside me unpacking his lunch and frequently glancing at me.

"What?" I turned to him as I took a bite out of my pizza.

"D-do you want to try some? I tried making some lamb ch-chops this time." He picked up a piece and swayed it hypnotically in front of me.

"I-it is possible, if you want me to review your cooking." I hadn't tasted Audeus' cooking in a while especially during our GCSE's. I felt it was unfair to make him cook extra while he had to study for such an important thing. And also I felt a bit weird taking food from him after not speaking for so long.

But the smell was too overpowering and my earlier restraint had been crushed to nothing.

"Here." He brought it closer to my mouth and I hesitantly leaned closer, accidentally making eye contact with Audeus who was staring pretty hard at the chop.

"Uh, do you want to eat it first?" I pulled back feeling a bit embarrassed when I realised that he was probably really hungry. He wasn't suffering from feeble body syndrome anymore so he was probably really hungry by now.

"N-no, I had some earlier." He shook his head politely and signalled for me to eat.

Realising that there was no need to hold back I quickly took a bite out of it feeling tears leak out as soon as the meat fell apart in my mouth.

There was no special sauce or side dish it seemed to have only be spiced lightly. But that was more than enough to accompany the meaty flavour. The defining feature of the dish was how it almost peeled away from itself and tenderly rested on your tongue.

"Hmm, it's really really good." I wiped my tears and looked at Audeus excitedly.

"T-thanks." He audibly gulped as he spoke and when I took another bite I could feel the chop tremble in his hands.

While I tried to get as much meat as possible off the chops... I may or may not have accidentally bit Audeus' hand in the process.

"Uhm." He dropped the bone on the ground and his hand darted back towards him. He cradled it against his chest sending me a look of, what seemed to be, fear.

"Sorry, I got a bit too excited. Did I bite you too hard?" I leaned over to look at his hand. Shrinking my neck when I saw the faint bite marks bordered by slightly pink skin and some saliva. "Sorry." I could feel myself going bright red as I grabbed a tissue from my bag and wiped his hands in a fluster.

"It's okay..." He muttered darkly and then grabbed a tissue from the pack before holding onto my chin.

"Huh? What, what are you doing?" I furrowed my brows as Audeus began wiping my face.

"You have a lot of food on your face." He showed me the stained tissue before holding up another lamb chop.

"I think I should feed myself... I don't want to bite you ag-"I reached out to take it from his hand but he pulled back slightly.

"No!" He interrupted me, then carried on after coughing. "It's fine, your hands will get dirty... Just, be more careful." Audeus moved the chop closer to my mouth and I took a bite making sure not to get too rabid.

A/N: why does it feel like Audeus is going down the feeder route?????! I need to read more yandere stories to understand their ways, does anyone have any recommendations?? Oh my God I love the black lotus tactics manual, just 👌👌