Chapter 19

I stuck my neck out around the corner as I watched the heroine. It was while I walked through the corridor that I saw the golden haired girl flitting around, near the staircase.

And as I watched the pink haired capture target approaching I had a tingly feeling telling me that an 'event' was about to happen.

I quickly shrunk back upon seeing the capture target passing by the heroine and then boom, it happened so quick.

The heroine tripped and fell backwards on the top of the stairs and the pink haired boy gripped onto her waist dragging her back up. Then they stood there, for a moment, as if frozen in time. That was until, Audeus suddenly called out to me and both their heads turned my way.

The heroine scrambled away thanking the guy before running in the opposite direction. The pink one straightened himself up and headed over to the two of us.

"W-we need to leave, now." I turned to Audeus is a panic seeing the robot approaching us.

"Miss. Poor." I clenched my eyes shut tightly and then turned while trying to keep my composure. "Are you here for the student council meeting?" He asked monotonously.

"Yes, sir." I saluted him standing upright and trying not to seem too suspicious.

And not let him into the fact that I was actually going to ditch the meeting because being part of the school council seemed long-winded and time consuming. More importantly it was during lunch.

How dare they force me to uphold such corrupt policies!

"Is Audeus also joining the meeting?" I glared at the guy next to me who had disrupted my plans and given my position away.

"No, he was just passing by." I waved Audeus away as I followed the future prime minister to the council room.

The meeting droned on for what seemed to be hours and I finally couldn't take it anymore. At the pace we were going I wouldn't be able to eat lunch at all.

"Is something the matter, Miss. Poor?" The bastard who wouldn't stop talking asked as he saw my face twist in pain.

"C-can we eat lunch while the meeting goes on?" I stuttered as I felt the gaze of the other three members rest on me. They had only nodded along with whatever he said with eyes of worship but as soon as I spoke their eyes dulled. They seemed shocked and disgusted that I would even ask such a question.

These damn robot bastards, how can they talk for so long about such mundane things?

"Ah, yes it seems our meeting has run on for a little while. If you would like to eat your lunch, please do so." He answered politely as his beady green eyes turned to me.

And with that look and the accompanying goosebumps, I quickly shut my mouth and tearfully sat there with my stomach curling in on itself.

"So, in terms of budget allocations for clubs..." I watched soullessly as they continued to discuss and finally breathed a sigh of relief as the bell rang.

Before I had even had the chance to exit the room and think of ways of avoiding this duty next time my name was called out eerily.

"Miss. Poor, I hope to see you in the next meeting." My hand clenched around the doorknob and I turned my head slightly, hiding the horrified expression.

"O-of course, I truly enjoyed this occasion and look forward to our next affair." My words came out before I had the chance to stop them and I shuddered as I looked towards the other members who were currently smiling.

And as I was leaving I had the faint feeling that somehow I had been inaugurated into a cult.

I rushed to class not even able to take a bite of my chicken baguette. The whole next period was spent trying to eat lunch in secret. My anxiety at being caught only let me take a few bites of the baguette and then on the way to the next class I tried eating as quickly as possible.

"Did they not let you eat?" Audeus asked as he saw me stuffing my face.

"No, they didn't." I moaned after swallowing the last bite. "They're so evil, how can they make the students suffer like this? What was the point of getting good grades if they're punishing us for it? I should've never gotten good grades... But I wanna be rich." I felt tears coming up as I thought about future meetings.

"They won't have a meeting everyday, right?" Audeus asked lightly.

"I don't know they droned on for so long about the same thing, I felt like I was trapped in an echo chamber. I couldn't even keep track of what was being said. They just kept going back and forth, back and forth." My eyes unfocused as his voice echoed in my head.

What do you think, Miss Poor?

Do you have any ideas, Miss Poor?

Miss Poor. Miss Poor. Miss Poor

"Miss. Poor, do you know the answer to this?" I jumped in my seat thinking the head of the student council was asking me questions again but saw that it was only the maths teacher.

"654." Audeus whispered while pretending to continue writing in his notebook.

"654?" I was still unsure of exactly where I was as I answered unsteadily.

"Good job." He praised and I thanked Audeus quietly.

"What's wrong?" He whispered seeing my dazed look.

"I think I've been traumatised by the school council." I muttered while rubbing my forehead tiredly.

"H-here..." Audeus slid over an unwrapped candy. "Maybe you just need some sugar." He smiled cutely as he watched me pop it in my mouth.

"Thank you, Audeus... Remind me to give you a million pounds when I'm rich." I leaned on my hand lazily as the candy melted in my mouth coating my tongue with a heavenly strawberry flavour.

"I-I don't need it." He leaned slightly towards me as his eyes flitted left and right.

"That's good too." I squinted while smiling happily.

A/N: bruh I got another email from uni saying they see me not watching my lectures ffffff 😂😂😂I didn't even have a good excuse this time my god and I messaged the guy about my dissertation bro he's gonna probs be passive aggressive now and ALSO why they keep tryna get us to upload pictures my sister swearing at me cause Ive only turned my camera on once during term 1 lol reupload coz I was gonna add a drawing of Soee but I ain't got time lol