Chapter 32

I paused for a moment as my body was hit with shockwave after shockwave of disbelief.

Do my eyes deceive me?

Or is Pervy- I mean Percy trying to flirt with Alezis?

After finding out Alezis' secret identity, I pieced two and two together and came to the conclusion that Pervy- I mean Percy could never know about this.

His undying love for Jeenie was already layers upon layers of annoying. But if he found out Alezis is Jeenie then-

"Are y-you c-cold?" Audeus paused beside me with a tilt of his head.

"No, just disgusted." I shook my head and shuddered again. As of now, my most important mission was to disrupt the peace.

"Where sh-should we sit?" Audeus asked, causing me to become confused.

We all knew where we should sit, and that is next to Alezis. Audeus' smile dropped as he saw where I gestured to.

"W-what?" I blinked rapidly, flustered by his sudden mood swing.

"N-nothing I just wanted to..." His shoulders slumped forward as his voice tapered off into an inaudible mumble.

"I didn't quite catch that." I leaned in closer.

"I wanted to..." He mumbled quietly once again.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, getting a little bit annoyed at his mumbling.

"I wanted to s-spend lunch with you alone..." He whispered by my ear in a low voice.

I pulled back abruptly, rubbing my ear in alarm. I could feel my face warm in embarrassment.

Why is he like this?

"We can't?" His eyelids fluttered, his lips slightly pouted.

Choose a god-damn character setting already. Why are you trying to seduce me one second and then acting cute the next? I felt like tearing my hair out because of the stress caused by his actions.

My eyes flickered to Alezis and Pervy and then back to Audeus.

"Okay." I nodded slowly. I'll be able to disturb their peace next time, no need to rush.

"Ehehe." Audeus broke into a smile, a slightly- no a really dazzling smile.

"Urgh..." This is the main-character effect right? He's too attractive...

I was led to an outdoor dining area in the university.

"I t-tried making a new dish today. C-can you give me your opinion on it?" He opened his lunchbox and immediately steam rose, carrying with it a buttery scent filled with rosemary, thyme and garlic.

My mouth already began to water at the smells but the sight of the roast chicken had my salivary glands working at full power. I wiped my mouth discreetly, hoping no one would see the rivers of drool threatening to overflow.

He dipped the steaming chicken in a glossy brown gravy, and then brought it towards me. I hesitated to take a bite when I glanced up and saw him intensely staring at my mouth. His usually bright eyes seemed to darken and the white stars disappeared leaving little black holes.

"I-I-I think it better to feed myself." My voice raised in pitch and I sounded much like an 18th century English woman.

"Are you s-sure?" Again he hit me with his reluctant pouting.

Stop acting cute!

"Ah, Audeus." A tinkling voice suddenly called out.

!!!

The heroine? I blinked the fastest I had ever blinked in my life, as the heroine entered the scene.

She just appeared... all of a sudden?

On her right, Greenwich trailed behind her with a yawn and on her left, a blue-haired male.

Audeus turned towards the heroine with waves of annoyance rolling off of him. Greenwich glanced over at us and suddenly straightened his back. A look of fear flickered through his eyes and he fidgeted nervously.

"Goldie, w-we should leave them alone." He stammered while shaking her shoulder.

"No, Greenie. I need to have a word with Audeus." She shook her head cutely while exaggeratedly blinking.

Uh... Is it wrong to think Audeus is cuter at this moment?

"..." The blue-haired chara looked like he was not at all on the same plane as us. He was just spacing out the whole time as he followed the heroine.

The temperature around Audeus seemed to have dropped another ten degrees.

"Tsk, I don't want to talk to you." His voice was slathered with venom.I leaned over slightly to get a look at Audeus' face. After all, I've never seen him get angry before.

Just as the side of his face became visible a warm hand covered my eyes.

"Eh? Eh? What?" I tried to pry his hand off my face while voicing my confusion.

"Please don't look." He muttered quietly before demanding that Greenwich leave with his girlfriend.

"Urgh, I wanted to see you looking angry." I complained. After all, the main leads in my comics always looked a thousand times more attractive when angered.

"... What?" Audeus questioned with a confused tone, and might I add that he sounded a lot closer.

"Don't you think angry guys are attractive? Oh, I don't mean angry towards me I mean towards other people." I answered with a sigh.

"... Damn it." Audeus muttered disappointedly, then removed his hand. 

A/N: ARGH IDK WTF AUDEUS LOOKS LIKE RIP