Chapter 6

He sat beside me on the ground and opened up his lunchbox. The scent quickly wafted over to my nostrils and my mouth was instantly filled with saliva.

This, isn't this response like Pavlov's dogs? I'm being conditioned aren't I?

I must not look at the temptation.

I do not see the temptation.

"W-would you like to taste some? I-I tried a new recipe." He moved the lunchbox towards me, intensifying the scent as I tried to avoid looking at it.

"Mm mm." I shook my head fervently not wanting to open my mouth in fear of drool dripping out.

"O-oh..." His head drooped and he pulled the lunchbox back towards him, my gaze followed.

"J-just a little bit?" I stammered out before I could stop myself, the sight and smells had already knocked my willpower down.

He smiled widely picking up a piece of the crispy chicken fillet onto his fork. This was not like the previous chicken fillet I had the privilege of tasting. I watched as the sticky red sauce dripped lethargically back into his lunchbox.

Chomp... "Oh my god." I gasped as my tastebuds were assaulted by a myriad of flavours. The slightly spicy yet sweet sauce mixing with the crispy fried batter on the juicy chicken had me drooling for more.

"I-is it good?" He asked with a bashful smile, well aware that I loved it but still wanting to hear my response.

"Yes, it's really good." I waited impatiently as he forked in another mouthful of the delicacy. Closing my eyes as I chewed, savouring the flavour with a huge smile.

"I-it's finished." He whispered hoarsely causing my eyes to shoot open.

No, please, god no. I stared at his empty lunchbox with tears filling my eyes, it can't be.

"T-thanks." I stuttered as I sucked back my tears.

"I have another lunchbox..." He pulled out the other one, but as tempted as I was I couldn't take his whole lunch... Look how scrawny and short he was, he needed to eat more to become a big, strong villain.

"No, it's fine." I steeled myself and turned back to my own lackluster lunch, a chicken baguette. Somehow after eating his Michelin-star level lunch, turning back to this sandwich made by Belinda the lunch lady staved off my appetite.

Nothing against you Belinda but it just wasn't good enough.

I decided to save my lunch for my siblings, something I often did when Audeus blessed me with his food.

I found my gaze flitting back towards Audeus and his meal. Watching as his hand shook while he stared at his empty fork. His face reddened instantly at the thought of something and he repeatedly picked up and put down his fork.

Annoyed at his hesitance that seemed to be taunting me, I picked up his fork shoving a piece of the fillet into his mouth. Unsure if I could hold back the urge to steal his lunch if this charade carried on any longer. His face turned a deeper shade of red and he pushed my hand away roughly, covering his mouth and turning towards me.

He chewed quickly and then finally opened up his mouth and began speaking.

"W-why d-d-d-did you do that?" His voice was a mere whisper but there was a hint of something I wasn't quite sure of.

"It was annoying me that you weren't eating it." I answered while feeding him another forkful, he immediately clambered up to his feet pushing himself up against the wall.

"H-h-how could y-you?" He sent me an accusatory glare, teary-eyed.

What the hell is he going on about?

"T-that, i-i-indirect..." He stopped talking and was somehow able to turn an even darker shade of red... Are his blood vessels okay?

"Indirect what?" I was getting annoyed with how he was speaking to me as if I had done something wrong.

He suddenly turned and ran out of the courtyard without another word.

What the...

After standing there in shock for a few moments I looked down at his barely eaten lunch, tempted to steal a bite. But I used the pathetic remnants of my willpower to slowly close the lid, watching tearfully as the food gradually disappeared under the plastic.

He even left his bag here, what the hell is going on with that kid?

I trudged back to class feeling a little perplexed at his reactions. Did I do something wrong? Should I apologise? No, wait isn't this a good opportunity to stop hanging around him?

The feeling of stuffiness in my chest instantly evaporated as I thought of the Audeus-less future and walked back to class with a pep in my step.

I placed his things beside his desk not willing to disturb him as he lay there with his head buried in the crook of his arm.

I skipped quietly back to my seat sending a fleeting glance at Audeus, and almost jumped in surprise when my eyes met his. His face was still red and upon meeting my gaze he immediately turned his head the other way.

Our next class was P.E and Audeus was in my set. Alezis was also here but she would normally opt-out of these lessons. We had to partner up to do stretches but I didn't have any friends...

"Whoever doesn't have a partner raise your hands." There were only a few leftovers, Audeus and I being one of them.

"Audeus pair up with Sovie, Randy with..." I glared at the P.E teacher as she called out the remaining pairs.

She couldn't have chosen anyone else? Especially now, when Audeus was treating her weirdly.

A/N: lil puberty boi going through puberty Lool OHyeah for the people who alreaady read ch 1 and 2 before I uploaded the drawings of the characters you can go back to see how I imagine them to look like, but if u aint interested just ignore this message!!!!!