Chapter 10

Dior's POV

As I walked into the building, I made my way to my coaches office. I knocked on his door until I heard a "come in". I opened the door and he glances at me.

"What's up Johnson?" He asks as I took a seat in the chair that's in front of his desk.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked him and he nods. Last night when Jordan and I were out eating, we had a conversation about my coach.

Flashback to last night

"I feel like I should talk to my coach and apologize to him" I said as I stuffed a few fries in my mouth.

"About what?" Jordan asks as she ate in front of me.

"About how I've been acting. I shouldn't be treating him the way I do" I said to her.

"Talk to him tomorrow morning then" She says and I nodded

Flashback over

"I wanted to apologize for how I've been acting these past few months. I don't respect your time and the effort you put into me. Im disrespectful, cocky, and do whatever I want. I will no longer show up late for games and practices, and I'll be respectful towards you and the other staff members" I said to him. He looks at me and smiles. He crosses his arms and leans back in his chair.

"I've known you for a very long Dior, and not once have I ever seen you apologize for your actions" He says. I nodded and looked down at my hands. He was right, I usually never say sorry cause I'm never sorry for anything. But Jordan made me realize I should appreciate him more and thank him for the things he's done for me.

"And I want to thank you and everyone else for everything you guys do for me. I'm not an easy person and I can get in your last nerve, but yet you put up with my bullshit. So, thank you" I said to him. He stands up and motions me over. I stand up and he pulls me in for a hug.

"You're growing up Dior, I can see it. And I know it's because of that little lady" He says chuckling.

"Little lady?" I questioned.

"Yea, Jordan no? Word on the street is you got the hots for her" He says winking at me.

"Coach, never say hots ever again" I said and we started laughing.

"That's not what you kids say these days?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"Maybe these younger kids I don't know. I'm a grown adult" I said to him and he laughs.

"Ok Dior, whatever you say. You should get out of here, I have work to get done" He says. I nodded and got up from my seat, as I was about to leave he stops me.

"You're playing in tomorrow's game. So be back here tonight at 7, that's when the bus leaves" He says. I smiled and nodded my head. I walked out of his office and out of the building. I got into my car and smiled to myself. Yess! I'm finally back to playing. I grabbed my phone and decided to text Jordan.

Dior🤧
Conversation with my coach went good. I'm back to playing and I leave tonight

Jordan🥺
That's good! I'm happy for you

Dior🤧
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be playing again. So thank you Ma😘

Jordan🥺
Don't call me Ma

Dior🤧
I was gonna call you baby mama but Ma sounded a bit more appropriate

Jordan🥺
Whatever Dior.