Chapter 26

Jordan's POV

"One more time" I told Jayson as we were almost done our drills. I was working with the Celtics team all morning and when it was time to leave, Jayson decided to stay back and get more training in. But now it looks like he can't keep up with me so I left him to do them by himself. Talk about lazy...

"JS I'm tired" He says panting. I laughed and hit his back. After so long he still calls me that.

"Come on, we used to do these drills all the time" I said to him.

"And I still hate them" He says which causes the two of us to laugh. He grabs the basketball and then hands me one.

"What?" I asked.

"Do it with me JS" He says.

"Why?" I asked.

"Like you said, we used to do them all the time right? Remember we used to do them together" He says and I giggled. I shrugged and walked with him to where we start.

"Ready?" I asked him and he nods.

"Ready" He says. We start to dribble the ball and walk towards the net. I bounce the ball in between my legs and then behind my back a couple times. Jayson follows my movements and then we run on opposite sides, before stepping back shooting the ball. My ball goes in the hoop and his ball follows in after mine.

"OH SHE STILL GOT IT!" He yells and I start laughing. We walk up to each other and give each other a high five.

"You did good today"'I said to him and he smiles.

"Thank you. You too I guess" He jokes and I rolled my eyes as he started laughing. I walked over to my stuff and grabbed my folder. As I wrote information down, I felt eyes on me. I look up and see Jayson staring at me. He notices me looking and shyly looks away. As his face turns a bright pink I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's funny?" He asks as he took a sip from his water bottle.

"You, you still have that staring problem" I said.

"And you still blink twice and furrow your eyebrows when you're focus" He says and I laughed to myself. I swear he's the only one who's ever noticed that.

"Guess some things don't change" I said as I continue to write things down.

"Guess not" He says. I finished writing my notes and closed my folder. I reached for my bag and put everything in there.

"So where are you off to now?" He asks me.

"Home, why do you ask?" I asked turning to him.

"I was wondering if we could maybe go back to my place, and just chill" He says. I sighed and folded my arms.

Jayson and I used to go out. We dated for a year actually. But before we got together, he had a baby on the way. And you already know me, I don't play step mommy. But something about Jayson made me stay. When his baby was born, things weren't the same. He wasn't around often and his energy was just different. He was helping his baby mother raise the baby and it was mostly him doing the work. And we also can't forget his baby mother didn't like me. She hated me. She didn't like the fact I was his girlfriend and didn't want me around her child. Which I understand but it's complete bullshit. I wasn't gonna put up with her bullshit while Jayson had her baby. So I broke up with him and left the situation.

But Jayson and I were an amazing couple and he was the only ex that treated me amazing. He was so caring, motivating, kind hearted, funny, he always made sure I was fed and made sure I was ok. He was everything I wanted in a guy. We didn't break up on bad terms and I'm glad we didn't. Jayson is a great guy and any girl would be happy to have him. I don't think I have feelings for Jayson. I admire him but we haven't talked or been together for a very long time. I doubt I feel anything for him now.