five

She finally understood

She finally understood. She understood those nasty stares he was giving her the entire time they sat in the diner.

At first, she was confused but it slowly got more clear as minutes passed by.

The way he talked to Jimin, the way he initiated those accidental touches, the way he smiled every time Jimin said a joke, the way his eyes shined every time he smiled his way.

He loved Jimin. And he must have noticed Chaeyoung did too.

That's why the glares.

But Chaeyoung couldn't back down, not now, and definitely not because of him.

~♡~

"No way, you really said that?" she mused, laughing afterward as Jimin finished telling a story about his encounter with Mark earlier after school.

"I was pissed! He shouldn't have insulted my intelligence. A pigeon knows math better than he does. All he knows is how to throw a ball around," he muttered quietly, stabbing the fries on his plate with a fork. Giggling, Chaeyoung pat his shoulder, saying he did the right thing.

It was hard to avoid Taehyung's stabbing look but she couldn't falter, she knew it was his intention to make her uncomfortable.

Yet, his cold looks didn't fail to send chills running up her spine every time she locked eyes with him.

They continued to eat in between a light conversation and as Chaeyoung dived into her own thoughts, she suddenly felt sick looking at the pastry in front of her. Sighing, she tried to push the feeling away, distracting herself with the conversation the two boys were having but it wasn't of much help. The food in front of her was simply mocking her, making her quiet down for a little as she stared down at the muffin, torn.

Not now, she told herself, please not now.

Chaeyoung could see Taehyung take an advantage of her silence and talk to Jimin about something she didn't have any clue about.

Gulping, she tapped Jimin's forearm making him look at her and Taehyung rolled his eyes subtly.

"Hey, you can finish this if you want," she said and pushed her plate with the half-eaten muffin towards him.

Jimin looked at her with worry, initiating a conversation with his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just full." He nodded and slowly took the plate, giving her a last worried glance before turning back to Taehyung, trying to cover up the tension they created with another small talk.

She knew Taehyung saw something was off, but it was obvious he didn't care.