thirty-nine

''Freedom!'' she laughed as Jimin ran towards the pool, jumping in, his T-shirt already forgotten on one of the chairs nearby

Emerging from the water, he shook his head from side to side, drops of water flying around.

''Come on guys!'' he yelled, waving his arms around.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes amusedly, sitting down on the edge.

''I'm not going in,'' she told him matter-of-factly, making Jimin pout.

''Why not?''

''These are the only clothes I brought with me and I, for sure, am not taking them off,'' she reasoned, leaning back on her palms.

''Oh come on! I have towels back in the trunk of my car, you will be alright,'' he whined, waving her over.

Chaeyoung bit her lip, thinking.

However, the annoying voice from next to her stopped her train of thoughts, making her scowl.

''Party pooper,'' muttered Taehyung next to her before taking his shirt off and jumping in the water, splashing Chaeyoung in the process.

''Hey!''

''See? You're already wet, you may as well come in,'' mused Jimin from the middle of the pool, making her glare at Taehyung who resurfaced, smirking at her.

Huffing, she stood up, looking down at her attire. Well, she was definitely not going in her jeans. Thank God she put on an oversized shirt.

Sighing she shimmied out of her jeans before approaching the pool, dipping her toes into the water.

''It's cold!'' she whined, looking at the two boys. While Jimin chuckled at her distressed state, Taehyung rolled his eyes, looking away.

''You need to jump in! Get it over with!'' laughed Jimin, making her look at him in terror.

''And get a hypothermia?'' she scoffed, making him roll his eyes amusedly.

''Don't be so dramatic.'' Sighing she took a few steps back, scrunching up her nose.

She was not gonna like this.

Taking a deep breath she took a stance before running towards the pool and throwing herself in.

Amongst Jimin's loud cheers, she could feel herself diving into the freezing water, her whole body experiencing the sudden temperature shock.

Resurfacing she took in a deep breath, pulling her wet hair back from her face.

''And that will be 11/10 for Chaeyoung! An extra point for the gracefulness!'' laughed Jimin, making Chaeyoung chuckle as she trembled in the cold water.

''Chim, I'm going to kill you.''

''You can do that tomorrow, now! Let's play something!'' she looked at him oddly.

''Play what?'' Jimin pondered visibly as Taehyung approached the two.

''Chicken fight?'' Chaeyoung pursed her lips, looking at Jimin blankly.

''We're missing one person for that.'' Jimin ran his eyes from Taehyung to Chaeyoung before shrugging.

''I mean, Taehyung might as well play for two.'' Taehyung scowled at that, glaring at Jimin.

''As if,'' he clicked his tongue annoyedly, making Jimin laugh.

''Alright alright, no chicken fight. What about marco polo?''

''What are we, five?'' complained Taehyung. Jimin glared at him.

''Marco polo is fun! Besides, we can spice it up a little bit, too!''

''How?'' asked Chaeyoung, quirking up her eyebrow.

''Hmmm let's say we won't be yelling marco polo, but the one in the middle can yell any kind of animal and the rest of us will have to imitate the animal! Or we can do people too! That would be fun!''

''M'kay, I'm in!'' cheered Chaeyoung, raising her hand in the air. The two looked at Taehyung who was watching them oddly before he sighed, nodding his head.

''Whatever.''

''Yay!''