nine

Chaeyoung screeched, feeling a sudden cold on the back of her neck

"Jimin!" He chuckled before sitting down on the bleachers next to her, handing her the icy can of coke. Muttering a silent thanks she took it, turning back towards the field to observe the basketball practice.

"Oh, how I wish he would just embarrass himself in front of the whole school already," scoffed Jimin, glaring holes at Mark who was running around the field, sweat already running down his face.

"Yeah me too, but our school would be kinda damned without him in the game on Friday."

"I don't give a damn about the stupid game, I just want the guy to finally stop acting like he owns the school."

"He practically does."

"Not helping Chae." She chuckled, shaking her head.

Jimin's hatred towards Mark could be hilarious sometimes, the guy would nag at him every chance he got.

"Why don't you ever try out for the cheerleaders?" The question took her off guard for a second.

Chaeyung glanced at the group of girls in the corner of the field as they jumped around in their mini skirts and crop tops.

She gave Jimin an incredulous look.

"Why don't you try out for the basketball team?"

"Touche."

She peered back at the colorful bunch of girls, sighing.

"I wouldn't fit in anyway."

"Why would you say that?"

"Just look at me and them. Out of their league." Jimin stayed silent for a while, making her wonder if she said something wrong.

"You can't be serious." Chaeyoung frowned, looking at him who was giving her an unimpressed look.

"What?"

"It's them who are out of your league, Chae. I bet you would outshine them all after entering the team. They can only wish for someone like you to join them." She bit her lip, smiling secretly as she looked down.

"Don't be funny, I'm too plain to be like them."

"You're still the most beautiful girl in the school if you ask me." Chaeyoung chuckled silently, pink flush already dusting her cheeks.

Oh, if he knew just how much his words meant to her.

~♡~

"Taehyung-ah!" They neared him with Jimin's arm around Chaeyung's shoulders, Taehyung's eyes narrowing at the sight. Chaeyoung smirked internally, knowing very well she was in lead today.

"Jimin-ah, Chaeyoung." She rolled her eyes at the unenthusiastic tone in his voice while saying her name.

Could he be any more obvious?

"Let's get going! I'm starving," huffed Jimin and threw his other arm around Taehyung's shoulders as well, leading them towards their favorite diner.

Chaeyoung glanced subtly aside at the two and chuckled seeing how Jimin struggled with his arm around Taehyung's shoulders, being noticeably shorter than him it must have been uncomfortable.

She grinned and poked his cheek.

"Aigoo, shortie's trying to be cool, isn't he?" Taehyung surprisingly chuckled at her remark, Jimin huffing in the middle of the two.

"Yah! Who are you calling shortie, you're way shorter than me!"

At that moment when the both of them laughed while teasing pouting Jimin, it felt like they were all just a bunch of common friends.

No silent hatred, no loathing, no wars between the two of them.

But it was just an illusion, the two of them could never be friends.