fifteen

Sighing she dried her hands, glancing up at herself in the dirty mirror

Sighing she dried her hands, glancing up at herself in the dirty mirror. The R&B music flowed through the thin walls into the bathrooms, the deep bass sounds seeming to resonate in the pit of her guts.

She loved the music, but she wanted to just go home already. Hanging out with Jimin was getting more and more exhausting ever since Taehyung appeared.

How she wished she didn't know about him, how she wished Jimin stayed silent about him. Maybe then she would be more at peace.

Shaking her head she left the bathrooms and walked along the long corridor towards the main room, trying to avoid the creepy looks of the people walking by.

"Guys! If it isn't our 'Mrs I gotta protect my man'! What'cha doing here babe?" Chaeyoung sighed and slowly turned around, facing Mark who looked like he was hanging out with his friends in the middle of the crowd.

Out of all places...

"Definitely not looking for you so if you excuse me-" she was about to walk around him when he gripped her wrist, pushing her back towards his body.

The odor of alcohol coming from him made her cringe inside.

"Mark, let go," she said calmly, trying to tug her wrist away from him but without a result.

"Aw, but I thought we could have some fun," he said wiggling his eyebrows making Chaeyoung roll her eyes.

"You're drunk."

"And you're hot."

"How original. Would you please let go of me now? This conversation is over." She was losing her patience but she tried not to be too fiery, knowing the guy had his boundaries.

"I don't think so baby girl," he said and started to drag her in the direction of the corridor she just came from, making her gasp and struggle in his tight hold.

"Mark, I swear to God-"

"Let her go!" They both snapped their heads in the direction of the booming voice, Jimin storming their way with a terrifying expression.

"Mark let her fucking go! Now!" He let go of her hesitantly, staring at the fuming Jimin who grabbed Chaeyoung's wrist and pulled her behind his back.

She could feel her face redden as she glanced down at their hands, feeling somehow safe in his hold.

"Take a chill pill dude, I wasn't going to steal her or anything. Just wanted to hang out with her for a while. What? Not willing to share your girlfriend with me?" asked Mark mockingly, Chaeyoung's heart picking up its pace at his words.

What does he think he's saying?

She was about to say something, when Jimin's words stopped her, the unfamiliar growl making her shiver.

"I don't like sharing, especially not my girlfriend. Now excuse us."

~♡~

"You didn't have to do that," muttered Chaeyoung as she followed after him, Jimin still refusing to face her.

"And let him rape you on the toilets? I don't think so Chae." She sighed as they reached their booth where Taehyung was sipping on his drink boringly, "We're going back. If you want a ride back you should follow behind," snapped Jimin and quickly stormed away, leaving the two confused by the table.

They both looked at each other for a second before swiftly scrambling up and following after him.

"Jimin! Wait!" yelled Chaeyoung as they finally walked out of the noisy building, Taehyung right behind her calling out his name as well. "What has gotten into you? Jimin plea-" she gasped as he stopped in his tracks making her crash into his back and Taehyung into hers. She looked up at Jimin with a confused and worried look. "Is it about Mark?"

He sighed and turned towards them, his blonde locks covering his eyes.

"Mark? The guy from your school?" asked Taehyung confusedly behind her, clearly not knowing what's going on. Jimin stayed silent before looking up, still not meeting their eyes.

"I'm just mad." Chaeyoung frowned, tilting her head.

"Why?" she whispered.

"All this time you were by my side. Helping me with the bullies, standing up for me...heck you even got insults thrown your way for my sake. And now when it's my chance to help you...Chae he almost raped you! What if I didn't go looking for you? What if I wasn't there? What if-" she took him in for a bear hug, silencing his frustrated cries.

"What are you talking about? You did come, didn't you? You helped me, right?" she whispered and looked him in his teary eyes, her heart breaking at the painful sight.

"But-"

"No buts, we can't dwell on what-ifs. What happened happened, you came and saved me like the true hero you are, now shush." He chuckled silently, detaching himself from her body. "And besides! He wouldn't rape me, I can defend myself just fine." He smiled weakly and nodded his head.

"I know you do."

After few more minutes of Jimin wiping his cheeks and Chaeyoung reassuring him that everything's fine they finally moved, nearing his car.

Chaeyoung glanced back at Taehyung who was walking with his head down, an unreadable look on his face. He stayed awfully quiet for the last few minutes.

Was he okay?