twenty-six

"How was my best friend doing while I was away? Missed me?"

"You know I did. So much." Chaeyoung pouted jokingly, making Jimin laugh and hug her even tighter. She closed her eyes with a content sigh, relishing in his warmth.

If only she could stay like this.

Forget everything and just stay in his embrace forever.

No more pain, sadness, frustration.

No more Taehyung. No more scars.

"Let's hang out after school. Only the two of us," she piped up, slowly backing away from his embrace. He looked at her quizzically before chuckling.

"Sure, let's do that!"

~♡~

"I swear to God, it was awful! Never knew family reunions could be this dreadful." Chaeyoung laughed at Jimin's cute rant, sipping on her mineral water.

"At least you saw your cousins."

"Don't even get me started on that, they all changed so much. Chanyeol literally brought some crack over! He took it out in front of everyone! I was so terrified!" Chaeyoung couldn't stop laughing as Jimin continued on, telling her all about his interesting family reunion in Japan.

For a moment he managed to make her forget about the events that happened here.

But she wasn't going to tell him, at least not yet.

Chaeyoung herself couldn't still believe the new discovery.

She had a soulmate.

And she was the person he hated the most.

~♡~

"Jimin?"

"What's up?"

"Did you- I mean have you ever...I don't know...think about who your soulmate can be?" He looked up at her from his textbook, making her slowly shrunk further down the chair.

He frowned and Chaeyoung cursed at herself internally.

Maybe she should have been quiet.

He cleared his throat before looking around the library subtly, a confused expression on his face.

"Umm," he placed his pen down, making Chaeyoung nervous, "honestly I did, yeah. Few times but...never thought of someone who could be my possible soulmate. I stopped caring about it a few years ago," he looked at her and raised his eyebrow. "Why?"

"Oh, um, just curious," Chaeyoung laughed nervously and looked away, biting her lip.

"Chaeyoung," She glanced at him who had a serious but also confused expression on his handsome face. "Lately you've been asking about this stuff more often. Is there something I should know?" She widened her eyes and in the sheer moment of panic, she waved her hands in the air.

"What? No, of course not! It's just-lately I've been thinking about this stuff a lot more, you know? It would be nice to know...who your soulmate is, don't you think?" Chaeyoung muttered the last part making him smile softly at her.

"Yeah definitely, but don't dwell on it too much, they're called soulmates for a reason. I'm sure we'll all find our way to each other one day."

She smiled sadly at his words and looked down at her lap, thinking.

It's true, they did find their way to each other, but what if fate messed up along the way?

Chaeyoung doubted the two of them were meant to end up as soulmates.