six

A few days later, the three met up again, Jimin invited the two to the movies

"You two stay here, I'm going to get us some drinks and food." And before Chaeyoung could protest, he forced money into her palm and scurried towards the food court, leaving her standing with Taehyung in the line for the tickets.

Pursing her lips into a thin line she stepped from one foot to another, the awkwardness of the situation making her scream on the inside.

"So, you come to the movies often?" she tried to make small talk, glancing up at him hesitantly.

Taehyung rolled his eyes before looking the other way, taking Chaeyoung off guard with his rude behavior. The distaste he had for her was visible miles away.

"Trying to make a small talk, are we?" he chuckled under his breath before looking back at her, clicking his tongue, "Let's get one thing straight, the two of us will never be friends, so don't even bother. I don't know why Jimin's hanging out around you, but don't expect me to accept you immediately just because of that."

Chaeyoung's breath hitched in her throat, the confrontation being too sudden for her to comprehend it.

"Stay away from me or else we'll have a problem. And while you're at it, why don't you stay away from Jimin as well," he sneered, leaving Chaeyoung in a silent shock.

He sure does not walk around the bush at all.

"Next please! Miss?" Chaeyoung stood still, looking at the boy in front of her in a trance.

Who does he think he is?

Annoyed, Taehyung rolled his eyes before grabbing the cash from Chaeyoung's hand, dumping them on the counter in front of the cashier who was calling out to them for some time now.

"Three tickets to Fight Club," he grumbled to the startled girl.

Chaeyoung huffed, looking around at him in disbelief.

So that's how he's gonna play?

~♡~

The evening went on uneventfully. Jimin seemed to not notice the stiffness in the air as the two tried to act normal around him, even exchanging a sentence or two for his sake.

Yet, they both knew, things were anything but how they should be. Things were going to get ugly soon.

 Things were going to get ugly soon