forty-six

''Okay, so I have both bad and good news

''Okay, so I have both bad and good news. Which one do you want to hear first?'' Chaeyoung looked suspiciously at Jimin who just slid into the chair right next to her, chatting so animatedly as if they weren't in the middle of the library.

Hearing a few scoldings from the table behind them, Chaeyoung gave him a subtle glare before turning to him, raising her eyebrow.

''Let's go with the bad one first.''

''Okay, so I won't be able to walk home with you today.'' Chaeyoung frowned.

''Why?'' at that, Jimin grinned widely, getting her even more curious.

''That's the good news! I'm going to study with Jennie at hers after classes today!'' Surprised, Chaeyoung stayed stunned in silence for a moment before chuckling softly, observing the glowing happiness all over his face.

''That's great, you could use some more studying,'' she chuckled. Jimin rolled his eyes, pushing her shoulder playfully.

''Still, I'm sorry I can't take you home today.'' Chaeyoung waved him off.

''I'm not a child, Chim. I can get myself home just fine. You just have fun with Jennie, yeah?'' she winked, laughing afterward as Jimin grew pink at her suggestive look.

~♡~

With it being in the middle of May, Chaeyoung was disappointed how cloudly and gloomy the day was. It wasn't even 4 PM, yet it seemed as if the evening was quickly approaching. The clouded sky cast an eerie shadow over the little town, the low wind adding even more to the spookiness.

As Chaeyoung walked along the street, she couldn't help but hug herself tighter in the jacket she was wearing, and once she felt a single drop fall on top of her cheek, she looked up at the sky with a soft curse.

She was reminded of the evening she and Taehyung argued in the middle of the rain after he cursed her out in the convenience store. At the bittersweet memory of that night, she walked ahead with a small smile, however, the tranquility of the moment was interrupted when she felt a tug on her shoulder.

Turning around, she frowned seeing a group of three guys she never met before, smirking down at her creepily.

''May I help you?'' she muttered, taking a cautious step back.

They all were nicely clothed, their appearances showing no suspiciousness, however, the look in their eyes and the disturbing grins on their lips forced Chaeyoung to step back a few steps.

''Hi angel, we were wondering if we could get your number?'' one of them mused and Chaeyoung tensed up.

Not this.

''I'm sorry but no,'' she said, forcing the confident tone out of her guts before turning around to proceed with her walk.

''Oh come on sweetie, don't play hard to get.'' Chaeyoung cursed knowing they were following behind her.