fifty-one

The two were sitting in a waiting room on the third floor, a heavy silence between them as Taehyung tried to process the new revelation

On the other hand, Jimin was finally starting to calm down, regretting going off on his best friend like that.

''Look man, I'm sorry,'' he sighed, leaning back in his chair, to look up at the ceiling, ''I didn't mean to let it all out on you like that. I was scared and pissed and-''

''It's fine,'' sighed Taehyung, following Jimin in staring up at the white ceiling blankly, ''in the end, all you said was right. I was a bastard to her.''

Jimin glanced at his friend, observing his features that were dripping with guilt.

''I know you had your reasons. And you couldn't have known...who she really was.''

''How did you find out?'' asked Taehyung quietly after a short silence.

''She told me. She found out during spring break when she was patching you up.''

''Oh for fuck's sake,'' sighed Taehyung in remorse burying his head in his palms as he remembered how he treated her that night.

''What are you going to do?''

''I have no idea.''

''What stops you from trying to get closer to her?''

''It's dangerous,'' Jimin sighed at that, rolling his eyes.

''Will you stop that already? You can't push people away simply because of some douchebags who are chasing you around. Chaeyoung will be alright. All three of us will be alright. We will manage. But Tae you can't distance yourself like this forever.''

And deep down, Taehyung knew his friend was right.

Lately, it had been hell trying to keep the distance between him and Chaeyoung. Not only because she was everywhere Jimin went, but also because she started to grow on him.

He couldn't deny any longer how fond had he become of her. Couldn't deny how instead of irritation, relief spread all over him every time he saw her, every time she smiled. Couldn't deny how in the end, he wanted to get closer to her so much.

A sudden odd feeling in his lower abdomen made him shift around in his seat, frowning. Noticing his friend's odd actions, Jimin raised his eyebrow, watching him.

''What's up?''

Slowly, Taehyung raised his shirt, and to his utter awe, a long scar across his right lower abdomen was forming, accompanied by the odd tingly sensation he was feeling.

Jimin smiled softly at the sight, tucking his hands into his pockets.

''Seems like they already started the surgery.''

Speechless, Taehyung watched the scar closely, the unknown but warm feeling in his chest making the corners of his lips perk up.

He had a soulmate.

And much to Taehyung's own surprise, she was the only girl he could ever imagine it being.