nineteen

Chaeyoung spun around in front of the mirror, looking with a frown at the scars that adorned her pale skin

Chaeyoung spun around in front of the mirror, looking with a frown at the scars that adorned her pale skin. She didn't count them nor did she check herself every day, but she could swear there were more and more scars each week.

She sighed, running her thumb across the scar on her collar bone. She knew for a fact that this one was new.

Tonight, the scars reminded her of Taehyung. She was sure he had a lot as well, considering he loved fighting so much.

She hasn't seen Taehyung for three days, ever since her and Jimin came to pick him up at the train station.

Jimin must have probably noticed the weird atmosphere between the two of them, not arranging any hangouts ever since that night.

Maybe it was better that way, she never wanted to know Taehyung anyway. He was just someone who stood in her way and made her life difficult.

But it didn't stop bugging her, he was still there. Hanging out with Jimin, lots of times without her even knowing.

Taehyung was still there and he was a threat but she didn't hate him as much as she did two months ago when they first met. She didn't really know why, but the hatred died down, an overwhelming feeling of uneasiness and anxiety replacing it.

He was still there, trying to win Jimin over for himself.

~♡~

"Hey Chim?" asked Chaeyoung, looking ahead at the blackboard while unconsciously tapping her pen against the desk.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have any scars? From your soulmate, I mean." She slowly glanced side-ways at him, Jimin already giving her a questioning look.

"Why?"

"Just asking," she shrugged and looked back at the front of the class, the substitute not giving a damn about the class being a mess.

"Umm, actually I think I got one on my knee but it could be mine, just didn't realize I had one before." Chaeyoung nodded and sighed, looking down at her notebook. "Why are you asking about that all of a sudden? I thought you didn't care about the soulmate stuff." She bit her lip and shook her head.

"I don't, I was just curious."

She never told Jimin about the countless scars around her body, he was aware only of the ones on her limbs and neck. But he never paid much attention to them, knowing she was a clumsy person and probably caused them herself.

"If I found my soulmate, you know you would be the first person I would tell that to, right?" she smiled softly and nodded, looking up at him.

"I know."