fifty

''Her symptoms are fever, an ache around her lower abdomen, and extensive vomiting

''Her symptoms are fever, an ache around her lower abdomen, and extensive vomiting. We have a few things in mind on what it could be but we need to do a few tests before that. I will need you to wait outside and as soon as we're done, we will inform you about our next proceedings.''

With that Jimin walked out of the hospital room, sitting down on the uncomfortable chair with a heavy sigh and his head in his hands.

Chaeyoung's little wails of pain could be heard from the inside of the room and every single one made Jimin feel even more hopeless.

He hated seeing her in such a state. Despite having such issues, Chaeyoung was always a cheery girl, a pleasant smile always plastered on her little face, she brought such happiness wherever she went. She wasn't supposed to suffer like this. She didn't deserve it.

The thought of all the pain she must be going through at the moment made him squeeze his eyes shut.

Sighing he slowly took out his phone. Scrolling to the contact he wanted he pressed it and raised the phone to his ear. After three signals his friend finally picked up.

''What's up?''

''Tae, I need you to come right now.''

''Why? I'm kind of busy right now.''

''I don't care,'' seethed Jimin.

''Chim, seriously I need to do a delivery and I would rather do it now then-''

''For fuck's sake, Chaeyiung is in the hospital!''

''...what?''

''You heard me. Now get your ass here right now. We're on the third floor.''

There was a moment of silence.

''I will be there in a bit.'' And with that, he hung up.

~♡~

Ten minutes later, the doctor with the nurse walked out, making Jimin jump out of his seat.

''Well?''

''Just as we thought, her appendix got inflamed. We will have to remove it as soon as possible. You can keep her company while we prepare the surgery room. We gave her some pain relievers but it can only do so much.''

With that, the two left and Jimin flew in to see Chaeyung lying on the uncomfortable-looking bed, looking as exhausted as she possibly could, her cheeks painted by her salty tears.

''Chae,'' She slowly looked his way, smiling weakly, ''goddammit I was so worried.'' He approached her bed, sitting down on the chair next to her, ''how are you feeling?''

''Tired,'' she rasped and Jimin cringed at the sound of her exhausted voice.

''They will need to remove your appendix.''