twenty-three

The two slowly made their way towards Chaeyoung's shabby apartment complex and unsteadily went up the stairs with Taehyung leaning against her for support all the way

The two slowly made their way towards Chaeyoung's shabby apartment complex and unsteadily went up the stairs with Taehyung leaning against her for support all the way. After an endless awkward journey, they finally made it to her apartment, first thing Taehyung did was plopping down on her couch as if owning the place.

"Yeah sure, make yourself at home," Chaeyoung muttered in irony, already wanting him out of there. She entered her bathroom and grabbed some ointment, bandages, and disinfection.

She sat down on the ground in front of him and looked up, waiting for him to take off his shirt.

"What?" Taehyung asked stupidly, making her smile at him sarcastically.

"Oh nothing, just waiting for your majesty to finally take off your shirt so I can get this over with." Taehyung rolled his eyes making her quirk up her eyebrow.

"No thanks, I can take care of it at home." Chaeyoung sucked in her breath, her patience running thin.

"Taehyung," she started, making sure she gets the point through, "I know you hate my very being but try to suck it up for a while and be a man for once before I kick you in the butt. I'm only trying to help here and all you've done till now was behave like a kid who ran away from daycare."

Chaeyoung could see the fire in his eyes ignite at her words, the truth probably beating his ego but she couldn't help it. Taehyung was getting on her nerves greatly.

He stayed silent before groaning and taking off his shirt, throwing it aside on her floor. Chaeyoung muttered a silent 'finally, thank you' before grabbing the towel and dipping it into warm water. She gently pushed it against his wound telling him to hold it in place before she prepared the disinfection and cotton pads.

After a while she wiped the injury dry and started to dab the disinfection on the gash, causing Taehyung to grunt silently every time she pushed the cotton harder than intended.

It was a wide and deep gash right across his ribs, the sight making Chaeyoung frown.

"Did you get stabbed?" she asked silently, looking up at him. Taehyung held her gaze for a long while, their faces being too close for it to be casual.

Chaeyoung had to admit, till now she didn't realize how handsome he actually was.

His features were rather manly, a great opposite from Jimin's boyish face.

He had full lips and a tall nose and his eyes were so dark it was mesmerizingly unique.

He turned away from her gaze, not answering the question.

Chaeyoung sighed, assuming he didn't want to talk about it.

He obviously got stabbed. Chaeyoung was no doctor or anything but it was clear as a day.

She continued to dab the disinfection gently, making sure she doesn't hurt him even more.

When she backed away to get the ointment, her breath hitched looking at the numerous scars all over his torso and abdomen, a few adoring his shoulders and neck as well.

Chaeyoung frowned examining the scars, a sickly feeling resurfacing in the pit of her gut.

The big scar on the left side of his upper abdomen.

The small scratches across his shoulder.

The thin and long scar running down his side and under his jeans.

No that couldn't be true.

That wasn't possible, right?

"Chaeyoung?" She woke up from her trance and looked up at Taehyung who was looking at her weirdly, one eyebrow raised.

She glanced a little lower at his collarbone, a familiar small and almost invisible scratch running from his shoulder to the middle of his collarbone.

"I know I'm hot but I don't appreciate you checking me out." Chaeyoung gasped at his words and shook her head, looking at him with wide eyes.

"I wasn't checking you out, you idiot," she grunted and threw the cotton pad aside. She grabbed the ointment while trying to calm herself down, ensuring herself she was just being delusional.

She put on the ointment before bandaging the injury, securing it tightly to stop the bleeding properly.