ten

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"It's already the third time you asked me, and for the third time I'm telling you that yes Chae, I'm sure of this." She bit her lip uneasily, grabbing the bottle of bleach.

"I don't understand why you're doing this, really." Taehyung spoke up, lying down on Jimin's bed while skimming through one of his comics without looking at the two who were sitting by the table.

"I just felt like I wanted a change. Is that so bad?"

"It's not, just surprising. Never guessed you would go for a blond," said Taehyung and Chaeyoung nodded at his statement, surprisingly agreeing with him for once.

"Alright, here take the towel and drape it across your shoulders, I'm going to get the bleach ready," she said and threw the towel at Jimin, quickly running towards his bathroom.

~♡~

"Blond suits you," she said with an approving nod, a proud smile adorning her lips. It was her first time dyeing someone's hair and it turned out surprisingly well.

Not to mention the blond actually made him look hotter, the sight leaving her heart to beat incoherently.

"Really? Can I go and look in the mirror already?" he chirped inpatient, making Chaeyoung chuckle at his childlike behavior.

So much for giving her heart a break.

"Go on, just make sure your jaw doesn't fall off." She ushered him into the bathroom with a grin, Taehyung trailing behind her as they both followed after him.

"Oh my God! You're right, I'm hot!" he gaped making her laugh, and Taehyung chuckle.

"Of course you are, it was me who dyed it," she bragged playfully, flipping her hair with a chuckle.

"Thanks Chae, I owe you one." She waved him off, saying it's alright.

He observed himself in the mirror with the two standing behind him, Chaeyoung with a small smile while Taehyung had a blank face on, not tearing his eyes away from Jimin.

Jimin suddenly turned around, looking at the two with a wide grin.

"What?"

"I'm glad I have my two best friends with me right now. You two getting to know each other was the best thing that could happen to me. Now I'm surrounded with the people I love without missing anyone."

His speech broke her, the realization hitting her hard.

Although both of them loved him greatly, they still lied to him shamelessly. Hiding the hatred they felt towards each other without feeling guilty, while all Jimin wanted was for his closest friends to simply get along.

They both wanted him for themselves, getting lost in the hatred to realize their own actions.

But they couldn't go back now, the game has already started. And neither of them was going to give up until the winner's certain.