twenty-four

"You should keep it on at least for a day, so the wound doesn't reopen

"You should keep it on at least for a day, so the wound doesn't reopen." Chaeyoung yelled from the bathroom as she put away the medicine with Yeontan clumsily running around her legs.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes at the silent mutter from the living room, not a single thank you from him.

What was she expecting anyway?

She walked back inside the living room, seeing Taehyung wearily looking around the small room.

"You live here alone?"

"Yeah." He looked at her from his spot on the couch.

"What about your parents?"

"They don't live in Korea."

"Why?" Chaeyoung sighed, his newfound curiosity for her life was surprising but also annoying.

"How about we do answer for an answer? It's not fair if I'm the only one answering the questions." Taehyung rolled his eyes, looking away.

"No thanks." Chaeyoung sighed and sat down on the other side of the couch, a heavy silence enveloping the two.

"So-" she cleared her throat, not being able to stand the awkwardness anymore, "-have you and Jimin been this close ever since childhood?" There was a short silence before he answered.

"Yes." Chaeyoung hummed nodding her head. "Since when do you guys know each other?" he asked.

"First year of high school. So three years now."

"That's weird, he never told me anything about you till just recently." Chaeyoung could hear the mock dripping from his voice, her blood beginning to boil inside.

"Neither did he talk about you, so don't get too ahead of yourself," she muttered moodily, making Taehyung snicker deeply.

"Oh but I'm way ahead of you sweetheart." Chaeyoung sucked in her breath, trying to hold herself down.

She sighed slowly to calm herself, knowing he was already injured enough.

"Don't start on that, I'm in no mood to argue right now."

"Why? Scared you already lost?"

"Taehyung, stop."

"You know," he started, making her glare at him, "I know Jimin better than anyone else. That includes you. So don't get your hopes high." Chaeyoung closed her eyes shut, taking deep breaths in.

"Jimin's my friend." Taehyung laughed at that, making her fist her palms tightly.

"Oh, I know he is. That's all he'll ever be after all. Your friend."

Why was he saying this?

Did he want her to let Jimin go?

Or wanted her to feel horrible?

At this point, she didn't know which one was it.

"Why are you saying this?" Chaeyoung asked, looking directly at him as his eyes widened a little, "To make sure I know where's my place? So you can have Jimin for yourself? That's what you want, isn't it?"

"You don't know anything." Taehyung growled deeply, looking down with his elbows on his knees.

"Oh, but I saw enough."

"Shut up!" Chaeyoung jumped in her place at his exclaim, looking at him wide-eyed as he stood up swiftly, looking down at her with a heated glare.

"You're the one who should shut up! You're in my home and you've done nothing but looked down upon me!" she yelled, standing up as well.

Chaeyoung was beyond pissed but one part of her was disappointed that tonight turned out like this.

Truth to be told, she was exhausted.

Tired of the constant hatred and wars, the game they were playing didn't seem to move in any direction.

She was tired of hating Taehyung, she just wanted them to be okay already.

"Listen here," Taehyung growled out, stepping her way, making Chaeyoung stumble back into her couch, "if you refuse to leave us then fine. But don't you fucking prod around in my business, I don't want to have anything to do with you and I don't want you near me. Don't leave but don't come crying when you get hurt in the end because that's what you signed up for here. And I don't do comfort for little leeches like you." Chaeyoung gasped silently at his words, her eyes already glossing over with unshed tears.

Taehyung stormed out of her apartment without a single look back, shutting the door after himself with a bang.

Chaeyoung stayed silent for a while, trying to process everything when the reality of the situation hit her, his painful words and actions not leaving her mind.

Sobbing, she quickly stumbled into her bathroom, hurriedly taking off her shirt.

"No, no, no, no," she muttered the mantra as she looked all over the scars, the similar marks imprinted on her skin like a curse.

"No!" Chaeyoung cried louder as she noticed a new wide and short scar on her rib, the truth hitting her like a herd of bulls.

She tumbled down to the cold tiled floor, sobbing into her palms silently.

Why did it have to be like this?