The Book

Narrator POV

After a long day of being hit and scolded Ollie, Forest, and Devan met up where they would usually meet. The orphanage had a small library that nobody uses anymore. The door to the library was creaky and dusty. They opened the door as silently as they could and just talked about their day.

"Ah, there you are Ollie," Forest cooed.

"Sorry I was late to the meet up, caretaker held onto me longer than usual," Ollie explained.

"For what? Did she lay her fingers on you again?! I'll kill her with my powers one day when I figure them out!" Forest promised.

"We can't do that Forest! Plus, she was fortunate and got a pretty rare ability. Well, that's what she told us at least. It was mind control or something, I don't really care," Ollie said.

"You know she only abuses you more because of how vulnerable you look right?" Devan teased.

"Shut up! The only vulnerable thing I have are glasses and they're not even that nerdy!" Ollie blurted.

"I never said you looked like a nerd Ollie, you said that yourself," Devan defended.

"Yeah whatever, how was y'all's day?" Ollie asked.

"The wounds I had from yesterday healed. So I guess I'm pretty happy today," Forest said.

"Caretaker was extra angry with me today, everything I did pissed her off," Devan muttered.

"What Devan said," Ollie sighed.

"Whatever, what type of story are you guys interested in reading today? It's my turn to pick one out but I have no idea," Devan questioned.

"What about something like computers!-" Ollie suggested before getting cut off by Forest.

"Hell no, you've been picking that genre of book every chance you got. How about something like secrecy and mystery!" Forest said happily.

"You guys are no help. I'll find one myself, sit tight," Devan sassed.

Devan stood up from his chair. He walked around their meeting table and went into the tiny bookshelf maze. There was many untouched books here and it was really dusty. The air was filled with debris that definitely isn't good for your health.

Nothing was interesting Devan until he tripped on a book on the floor and fell face first onto the floor. He opened his eyes and he was facing a book that was stuck under the shelves. The shelves was a little bit elevated so it made a tiny crevice a book can slide into.

Devan reached into the tiny space and pulled out the book. "The Secrets Of Narzia" it wrote on the title. Devan flipped through the pages and something caught his eye. "The Chancing Star" it wrote as one of the chapters.

Devan shuffled back to the table where the two was chatting. He sat down and opened the book.

"I think I've found something interesting," Devan announced.

The two looked at Devan in confusion as Devan stopped at the chapter. The three skimmed through the pages not being able to understand anything. The vocabulary used in the book was extremely complicated.