To win or to die, is it determined by luck or fate?

Celeste POV

"Is that how you feel? Oh well, it doesn't matter. Begone from my sight! This vessel sure does have an overpowered ability!" Devan said even though this isn't Devan speaking.

Devan rolled the thousands of dices and each of them has separate symbols. So many abilities, and most of them are offensive. I have a support and magical force mix. How am I even going to do this?! Devan threw many different elements at me but luckily, they're inanimate.

"Fate destines everything before me perishes," I inhaled and exhaled. That took so much Ori, I'm already wasted.

"Oh, you can make that attack disappear. Don't worry, I have much more to throw at you!" Devan grinned as he extended chains at me.

"Screw you. Give Devan his body back!" I ordered as I dodged.

The chains has a spike at the end so it got stuck in the trees when I dodged. I jumped on top of the chains as I started to dash closer to Devan. He struggled to pull the chains out as I started to near him.

"Right where I want you!" Devan tricked as I saw that he pulled the trees out of the ground with ease.

I was tricked?! He only pretended to struggle with pulling it out of the ground! Fuck, I'm going to be bodied by the trees if I don't somehow move out of the way.

"Skill: Incorrect Fate," I exhaled as the cold air came out of my mouth.

I was immediately teleported back to where I was 30 seconds ago, I was back at where I was originally.

"Nice ability you have there, but it seems that you're exhausted already!" He laughed even harder, Devan please fight the entity!

"Skill: Die of Pain," Devan uttered as a red and black die spawned before him.

It rolled and facing up was a six, I felt my heart stop pulsating. Shit, what kind of stupid ass skill is this?! Did he just immediately stop my heart beat?!

"Good bye!" Devan waved as I felt my eyes get blurry. Fuck it, if my Ori goes into the negatives then so be it.

"Skill: Fate's Baptism," I felt my heart pumping again because my skill healed me but it was strained. I haven't been in this much pain in forever.

"You're so resistant. You know this is futile right?" he discouraged.

"I'll find a way. Just you wait," I coughed up blood.

"There is no more waiting from me. I'm ending this right here and right now," he finalized.

"Skill: Piercing Dice," Devan added.

My eyes couldn't even render how many dice just spawned behind Devan. Is this the end? Devan is going to send all of them at me, there's nowhere I can go. My heart is strained and if I use one more skill, I'll die too. I'm dead either way.

"Skill: Defensive Aegis," Ollie said from the bush suddenly, coughs could be heard.

"Ollie what the hell?! Don't use your skills! It's going to strain your heart! I checked it earlier, you were already in the negatives!" I warned.