Casualties

Devan POV
"Alright so let's go on with the rest of the day and at night we meet up here. We should spend the daytime getting what we need for escaping. I'll look for medicine and other medical stuff, Ollie get batteries and any source light or electricity, and Forest collect food. Specifically canned goods but if there isn't we'll have to take advantage of the indoor garden," I planned.

"Okay sounds good to me," Ollie smiled.

"Yup me too," Forest added.

We looked at each other one last time before we silently slid out of the library. Medicine, that's gonna be hard to collect. The medical cabinet is usually locked by caretaker. It's made of glass and I can easily break it but, caretaker might hear.

You know what, screw it. I'll just break it, steal some items and then if she comes I'll just tell her I accidentally broke it. That sounds good enough.

I went to the storage room where the medicine was stored. I grabbed a piece of metal that was on the floor and threw it at the box. The glass shattered and pieces flew everywhere. One punctured me in my arm that I used to protect my eyes.

I could feel the blood slowly drip from the wound. The cut wasn't deep but it definitely cut skin. I took out the piece of glass and the wound wasn't too big. I just wrapped it with some bandages in the medicine box.

I didn't hear any footsteps so I started taking out some of the stuff. Painkillers, bandaids, bandages, ointment, other things that I might need. I couldn't grab all of it though, I'm gonna need a backpack to collect the larger the stuff.

I put the remaining things on the floor of the storage room as I went to grab a backpack to hold the stuff in. I went into my room and I grabbed the backpack I was assigned with from past events. I think this was a hiking backpack but I don't remember me hiking at any time.

I tiptoed through the hallways and reached the storage room again. I took the small things out of my pocket too. I neatly stacked all the things into the backpack and I was able to grab everything. I headed out of the storage room and went back to my room where I hid my backpack into the tiny closet I had.

I'm going to hope caretaker doesn't do a room search today. I walked out of my room and started to walk towards the electricity room. That's where the batteries are so I want to check up on Ollie.

I opened the heavy metal doors of the room and Ollie jumped at the sound of the door opening.

"Ah! Oh it's just you," he said thankfully.

"Did I scare you?" I teased.

"Don't ever do that again. Why are you here? Did you finish getting medical supplies?" he asked.

"Yeah I just wanted to check up on my favorite nerd," I said happily.

"I said I'm not a nerd! Stop calling me that! Anyway, I'm just about finished with my task. Did you check up on Forest yet?" he asked further.

"Nope, I'll just wait here since you're almost done and we can check up on Forest together," I explained.

A few minutes passed while I was exploring the room. Ollie called me back to him so we can leave the room. This place is kind of dangerous, sometimes sparks would come out of these electric boxes.