Regret

Devan POV

Forest and I was walking until we heard a faint mumble behind us. We turned around and Ollie was running and holding is hand out.

"W-Wait up!" Ollie screamed out while panting.

"Hey Forest I think we should start running faster," I teased. I made sure to yell that so Ollie could hear me.

"H-Hey! Don't you dare!" Ollie pouted.

Forest and I laughed as Ollie collapsed in front of us when he caught up. I felt bad but at the same time, not my fault he took this long to kill a person.

"I hate you two," Ollie sighed but he gave us a small giggle at the end.

"Yeah yeah sure you do. Anyway, the next village is probably going to take a while. Looks like it's time for a good old friendship bonding time!" I grinned.

"Oh hell naw!" Forest disapproved.

"You're bonding by just replying to me you know!" I smiled bigger.

"Oh shut up! One more smart comment from you I'll tear you from limb to limb. Actually wait,  there is one thing that I wanna talk about," Forest said.

"Oh? What is it?" Ollie answered.

"Devan, are you sure you're not feeling anything? You've been in so many life or death situations and even still you haven't awakened your powers. I don't think that's normal," Forest frowned.

"I don't know about that one either. Everybody is born with a power but I can't seem to awaken it for some reason. Am I a cripple?! The first ever cripple?! Oh god, this worries me too," I panicked.

"No no! I'm sure you'll unlock them soon. When we get to the village we can talk to someone about this. Don't need to fret right now," Ollie comforted.

"I really do hope I'm not a cripple. I don't want to drag you two down," I admitted.

"Oh no it's fine Devan! We're all alive right now that's all that matters!" Ollie continued.

"We almost died back there with Ash. It's all because of me. I should've awakened my powers but something is wrong with me. It's frustrating," I bit my lip. I'm usually not this negative but it's the truth. Everything I said was the truth.

"Devan! Don't say such stupid things! You know I don't like it when you say things like that! I promise you you're not a cripple! Once we reach the village we'll find a solution!" Ollie clapped back.

"How do you two put up with me?" I said as I stopped in my tracks. There was silence between us three.

"Devan stop saying these things," Forest stated after a few seconds.

"Truth is, I'm useless here. You two should go ahead without me. I'll walk back to the orphanage on my own," I muttered as I turned around and started walking. This is the best decision I can make for them.

"What kind of stupid idea is that?!" Forest screamed back and grabbed my wrist.

"Let go of me!" I resisted and yanked my hand away from Forest's grip. I started to change my walk into a run, I'm sorry for this.