Distraught tower

Narrator POV

The trio sat down onto a clean patch of grass. It had snow on it but it only cushioned the uncomfortable feeling of grass. The snow was fluffy and soft to touch. For once, battling wasn't on the trio's minds. There was only the sound of Forest taking food out of his backpack.

"I bought this pastry from one of the bakeries in the town. I had just enough coins to buy us a small cake! It splits perfectly into three! No need to thank me, I already know I'm the best," Forest boasted.

"Forest, did you forget that you had to ask Minerva for a few extra coins to buy this," Ollie reminded while trying to keep in his laughter.

"Uh, shut up! That didn't happen!" Forest denied as he changed the subject.

"The person who worked there was kind enough to give me a free plastic knife," Forest admitted as he started to cut the small cake into 3 equal slices.

The three talked and laughed while stuffing their mouthes with their cake and a few bottles of water from the market too. It was such a happy moment, they didn't want it to ever end.

"Since we're nearing the Chancing Star, what is the plan anyway? I think we should just let one of us do the wishes so the wishes has a 100% chance to succeed. The thing is, who should touch the star and what are our wishes?" Ollie questioned with a small cough from the food.

"I say we let Devan touch the Star since he's the one who's been the guardian for us! Anyway, since it's three wishes, let's decide a wish for each of us!" Forest suggested with a happy smile.

"My only wish is to have a lot of knowledge!" Ollie smirked.

"My wish is to be strong enough to protect all of us even after the tower!" Forest cheered.

"I...I don't know what my wish is yet. I'll figure it out when the time comes. Anyway, we're all done with our cakes right? Let's go if we're all ready and prepared," Devan got up.

"I can't believe we're finally going to do this! I'm excited but also nervous. We're all going to make it through right?" Ollie second guessed.

"Of course! We're going to climb the tower and we're going to beat up everybody in the way! Then we'll beat up Trap and then we can finally get the Chancing Star!" Forest reassured as he put his hand onto Ollie's shoulder.

"Forest is right! We'll be fine! It's just a few enemies, it can't be anything harder than what we've fought before," Devan confidently said although deep down he is also second guessing himself.

The three smiled at each other warmly and started to run down the snowy trail. The snowflakes that descended from the sky and the crunchy snow on the floor was enough to keep the trio moving. The sound of the chilling ambience was music to their ears.

The sun was still out when an average sized tower came into the trio's view. The tower was almost as tall as a skyscraper. It was a little bit shorter than your average skyscraper but it was pretty humongous.

The tower was on a mountain just like what the caretaker said. It seemed like the trail went up the mountain spirally. The trio took the first step on the mountain and a huge chill went down their spines.

The higher they went, the colder the wind got. Frost and icicles was falling off hidden corners but luckily none of them hit the trio. The snow on the floor quickly turned to ice instead of snow. The trail was slippery and one wrong move they'll start tumbling down the mountain.