♪ 𝟏𝟎 ♪

" 𝑇𝐻𝐴𝑁𝐾 𝑌𝑂𝑈

" 𝑇𝐻𝐴𝑁𝐾 𝑌𝑂𝑈."

(Y/n) softly says to me and I continue to hold her close to me. I sigh in relief that she accepted my long overdue apology.

I don't know why she reacted so badly, but I know she did and I should take responsibility for that. I don't get myself... but I want her all to myself.

I didn't like how Sero and Kaminari were staring at her... it fucking pisses me off how they were ogling at her. I kicked them out because I don't think I could've handled Dunce Face's look on his face.

It's like he thinks he has a chance with her... there's no way. She has standards. I know she wouldn't date an idiot, since she's already one herself.

Why the fuck do I care who she dates? I don't get anything I fucking think anymore.

"Bakugo, why did you come to my room last night?" She asks quietly and I lift my face to meet her eyes.

I sigh, feeling like it won't hurt to tell her. It's not a bad thing... I've come to realize that being honest about your issues isn't a bad thing since getting to know (Y/n)... since she's avoided talking about her own and I'd just wish I knew so I could be there for her.

"I was worried you wouldn't be there." I vaguely explain and she looks at me confused before I sigh again.

I hold her head close to my chest feeling myself grow worried, thinking about the awful dreams again. I don't want what happened to me to ever happen to her.

"I just keep having dreams that the shitty villains who kidnapped me, kidnapped you." I tell her, my voice just about a whisper.

"I'm okay... I'm alive and safe. I don't know why I'm in your dreams, but you don't have to worry." (Y/n) says into my chest and I look down at her, she seems a little worried, but trying to cover it up.

"I don't know if you're ok sometimes though. I don't know why it's always you in my dreams. I get fidgety whenever you're late for tutoring, and I always somehow get to the stupid conclusion that you were captured." I tell her honestly and I can tell she's surprised.

"Bakugo... I'm sorry you've been worried for me, but I can promise you nothing bad will happen to me. I can protect myself." She tries to reassure me, but I begin to feel frustrated.

"You can't, no one in our class can. I couldn't protect myself from those fucking guys, there's no way you can." I explain to her and she sighs in defeat.

"Are you saying that you want to protect me?" (Y/n) asks me curiously and I pause.

Is that what I'm trying to say? Fuck... I have no idea. I don't want anybody else to have her, and I don't want her to get hurt... I guess that means I want to be protecting her.

"Yeah..." I mumble back in response and she shifts a bit in my arms to look back up at me.

"Is it because you think I'm weak?" She asks me seriously and I can't help but laugh a little. She stares at me confused and I think hurt a little and I smile at her pout.

"No, I mean you literally pinned me down a couple weeks ago. There's no way you're weak, dumbass." I tell her and she blushes.

I just complimented someone... this feels weird. But it's true, she isn't weak. Not at all. Mentally or physically. Well maybe a bit mentally, if you count math.

"(Y/n), can I know why you hide your real self?" I ask gently, and on the inside a little nervous if she wants to tell me or not.

"Well, it would only be fair to tell you since you've answered my questions-" I interrupt her since she shouldn't have that mindset.

"Idiot, you shouldn't do things you don't want to just because you think you owe someone." I inform her and she looks at me surprised but then smiles and giggles.

"You're right, but I want to be honest with you. I trust you and I know you won't be an ass about the truth." She tells me confidently and I feel my cheeks heat up a little, hearing that she trusts me.

'I trust you', her words ring over and over again in my head and I think that's the first time I've heard someone say that to me. I feel stupid being so happy hearing three words slip from her lips, but I just feel some type of way.

"In middle school, I was considered weird and a villain in the making based solely on my appearance. I got bullied a lot and I ignored it for a long time. I didn't have many friends because kids were scared of me too, which made me scared of myself a lot of the time. I had my dad and he always reassured me that I was not a bad person and never could be a villain." She explains softly with a smile, talking about her dad. It's sweet how she lights up when talking about him.

"My dad ended up getting cancer and passed away when I was thirteen. I didn't know my mother, so I had no one for a little while. I was really depressed for a long time and I really let the bullying get to me at that point. My grandparents were able to gain guardianship of me and I moved in with them." (Y/n) continues to explain and her voice turns soft at the mention of her father's passing.

I realize how sentimental it truly was that she played the guitar for me last night, and I gain a new sense of gratitude for her actions.

"I'm doing much better now, but I was so worried that people would think I was a villain here, that I decided to just cover it up." She ends with a bittersweet smile.

"Thanks Bakugo, I really needed a friend to talk to." (Y/n) wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me.

I feel my heart rate quicken and my stomach sink slightly. 'A friend'. Do I want to be just a friend?

a/n: lol hi anyways thanks for reading :)

~1084 words~

-mads-