1

Onika pov:

"Remember what I said onika" my mother said while I put my shoes on. "I remember mommy" I responded rolling my eyes.

"Don't embarrass me at that school i'm not having it" I huffed and looked up at her. "I'm not. Can you leave me alone so I can finish getting ready now"

"Watch it little girl ! I am your mother you will talk to me with respect" she said sternly pointing at me.

"Sorry" I mumbled lowly. She walked out and I huffed getting up.

My name is Onika Tanya Maraj i'm seventeen and just moved to Houston from New York. My mom, who you just met is a big time lawyer that decided to re locate down here so now I'm starting my senior year in a entire new state. At least we got a big ass house though.

I grabbed my medicine for my social anxiety taking some then I walked out my room going downstairs.

I grabbed me a apple then walked out going to my car heading to the school.

------ ------

"H-Hi i'm Onika, i'm new and was told to come here for my schedule" I spoke to the counselor fiddling with my fingers.

"Ah yes Ms. Maraj here you go" she said with a warm smile handing me my schedule. "Thank you" I smiled grabbing it from her.

"I'll have Robyn here show you around" she said gesturing to a girl that was on her phone. "Huh ?" she questioned looking up until she saw me.

"Oh, new girl" she said standing up. "Let me see" she said reaching towards the paper in my hands. I handed it t her and she nodded looking over it before giving it back.

"Yo first class is History with me let's go" she said causing a groan to fall from my lips.

Who the hell wants history first ??

"I feel you girl" she said as we walked out the office.

"You know, you're really short" she said looking down at me.

I smacked my lips before mugging her. "I'm average height" I said rolling my eyes. "Yea sure short stack" she said continuing to walk.

I looked at her before smirking evilly.

"You know.." I started catching her attention. "Your head is really big" I said scrunching my face.

She gave me a shocked expression then started laughing. "I like you shorty, you hanging with me" she said wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"Alright" I mumbled shrugging then a medium toned girl dressed in slightly baggy clothes walked up to us with a smile.

"Hey rih, who's this" she said looking at me. "Onika" I spoke for myself "Ohhh you the new girl" she said chewing on her gum smiling still.

"Yea, and you are..?" "Teyana" she said then looked me up and down. "You cute, I like you rih she's hanging with us"

"Already done now let's make our way to class before we're late" she said dragging me away. "Bye onika !" I heard teyana call out.

"Bye !" I respond looking back waving. "Come on girl this teacher mean as hell" she said continuing to drag me to class.

"Ok ok i'm coming damn" I said trying to keep up with her ass.

We walked in the class and a man with big lips looked over at us with a mug "You're late" .

"Sorry Mr. Carter she's new" robyn said grabbing my hand walking me in.

"New or not, don't be late to my class. Have a seat" he pointed towards the desk.

Robyn walked me to a seat ignoring everybody stares and I ended up sitting next to a girl that had a black hoodie on slouched in her chair.