Chapter 34

In the next few days, life settled down for a while, giving me time to breathe for the first time since I'd first become a werewolf. It was odd to think it had been less than a month, having been so tightly packed with twists and turns.

Sebastian was my boyfriend, my parents approved of him, although Nico hadn't quite yet come out of his not as straight as previously thought shell. Speaking of Nico, he'd held on to the Horsemen's hazing like a boss and so, after a week of it, it was time for his induction.

Although I was neither a Horseman nor trying to join, I'd been invited too as Sebastian's partner. It was an important and private event. The courtyard of the model had been spruced up for a party, and the motorcycles were lined up to make a hallway.

"This is really happening, uh?" Nico said, jittering a little.

"You'll be fine," Sebastian said. Waiting for the preparations to end, we'd taken shelter in Sebastian's room.

"Right... So, I just go forward, kneel, recite the pledge, and it should be done?"

"That's about right," Sebastian said, "Would you like a kiss for good luck?" He added with a wink.

Nico blushes, he shot me a quick look.

"Take it," I teased him.

Nico looked back at Sebastian, somehow flushing harder. Sebastian reached forward and kissed him full on the lip. "You'll rock it, pretty boy." He said, "Stop being so nervous."

It was a little awkward watching my boyfriend kiss my twin brother, but it didn't feel wrong... maybe that polyamorous thing could work?

Soon there was a knock and Theressa informed us it was time from the other side of the door. We got dressed, it was somewhat windy outside, and stepped out. Night had fallen but the usual lights had been turned off, rather the courtyard was light by torches, giving it an ancient and powerful vibe.

We walked down and Sebastian nudged me to the side, the Horsemen were arranged around a corridor of bikes on either side that led to Papa wolf. I gave Nico a quick hug and let him do his thing.

"Aspirant Nico, get your ass forward," Papa called.

He stepped through the corridor and the Horsemen shook beer cans, opened them, and splashing him like some kind of macho baptism. He took it in stride and came face to face with the alphas.

"Today, we come to celebrate your entry into our club. We've given you hell for a week and you didn't falter none."

Theressa took over her husband, "What papa is saying is we're proud of you."

"If there is anyone here who believes this boy hasn't earned his colors, make yourself heard now or shut up forever." Papa wolf commanded.

None questioned Nico's worth, so Mama wolf opened a box and took out a brand new leather jacket with the club's emblem at the back.

"Say the words," She said, "and these will be yours."

"Right." Nico knelt down, closing his eyes, and bowed his head. "I swear now and for long as I belong to uphold the code of the pack, to cherish, support and defend my sworn brothers and sisters, to respect my alphas in times of crisis, to defer to the will of my brothers in peace, I shall be a man of honor and integrity; responsible for my actions, and true to my word. I shall respect my club and its colors; I am my brother's strength and he is mine." He stood up, "Iron Horsemen Forever!"

The crowd echoed the chant, Sebastian included.

"You're one of us now, pupper." Papa grinned, "hope you're handy with a needle 'cause you ain't letting no one thread your leathers."

"I'll learn." Nico was grinning wider than I had ever seen him.

"To our new brother, Tiny Nico!" Papa Wolf called, making Nico cringe.

"Thank you, Papa."

"Wait a minute," Papa said, "Folks we have a big problem, how can this boy be a Horseman if he ain't got no horse?" The crowd heckled back.

"I'm still saving up, but I'll—"

"Shut up, son," Papa said, a grin on his face. "Bring her in!"

Mama went to the garage, opened it, and took out an old Harley Cruiser, wheeling it over to Nico.

"For me?" Nico looked at it, it was nice but it was old and looked like it needed work. "I'll give you what I saved I—"

"Keep your money, son." Papa said, "But what you are gonna do is quit the grill and work at the chopshop, you're gonna learn this old lady inside out, get acquainted until you can dismantle and assemble her blindfolded, is that clear?"

"Clearer than crystal, Jim"

"Hey, I'm papa to you now."

"Yes, papa." Nico caressed the bike, almost entranced, "She's perfect..." He looked up at Papa. "Can I take her on a ride?"

"Don't you need a special license?" I asked.

"Shush, not now Juno" Nico snapped.

"What's a little illegal driving?" Papa joked. "We'll get him licensed and all that shit soon enough." Papa wolf hugged Nico tightly enough he let out a little squeak. "Welcome to the family, son." This was followed by Mama hugging him, and then everyone in the pack taking turns to congratulate with handshakes, fist bumps, or chest pumps.

Then they elected to go for a ride; because it was his inauguration ride, Nico was allowed to ride at the front of the formation with Papa. I climbed with Sebastian at the back, where junior members were ordered. Our group stopped at the one place I didn't expect: Passion; Latin Fusion, our mother's restaurant.

"Felt appropriate," Mama said.

We came in and the hostess had a reservation for twenty-two, taking half the restaurant in one big table. 

Our mom came out of the kitchen, she ruffled Nico's hair and kissed his head. "So, you've done it?"

"Mooom, everyone can see us!"

Mom laughed but did not desist.

"Welcome to Passion, I've got to say I was a little surprised to see such a big party."

Papa got up and offered a hand. "I'm Jim, leader of these here respectable citizens, which Nico is now a part of."

Mom shook it. "Annalisse, Nico's mother, chef, and owner of Passion."

"Fellows, say hi to our newest pup's old lady, I expect y'all to be on our best behavior."

The bikers all nicely said high to our mom.

"I better get to the kitchen if you all hope to ever get fed tonight."

"Yes, Ma'am." Jim gave her a little salute.

Rather ala-carte the feast had been prepared as a banquet, with large platters of empanadas, tamales, pork, shrimps, fish, chicken, rice and beans, plantain, nachos, guacamole, stuffed jalapeno, quesadillas, mashed cassava. I ate so much food I thought I'd be sick, and that was before dessert came.

There was only one thing left for Nico to be a true horseman, but the full moon would not be for another few days.