Chapter 35

Before the full moon came Halloween, one of my personal favorite holidays, while the parents would take Diana around for trick or treating, I'd volunteered to stay home and distribute candy while dressed as Din Djarin, the Mandalorian.

In the past few days, Nico had been busy studying the motorcycle law guidebook, as well as the Horsemen's code. That night he was working on refurbishing his bike outside before he was scheduled to join the Horsemen for their Halloween party and giveaway.

When a knock came at the door, I first thought it would be extremely early trick-or-treaters, dinner wasn't even over yet, but rather it was Sebastian, standing there in a Magician costume.

"Sebastian?"

"No, it is I; Seb the magnificent!, my dear audience," He said with a grin, "might I offer a rose?" He did a little trick and a rose appeared in his hand, offering it to me.

"Okay that is pretty neat," I said, taking it. "Did you learn that trick for the costume?"

"Seb the magnificent is an old student of the mystic arts,"

"Well, Mr. Magnificent, don't you have a biker party to entertain and enchant?"

"Seb the magnificent has request leave from Jim, he has heard that a Mandalorian would be by their lonesome all night,"

"That's sweet of him, you really want to just stay and hand out candy?"

"If it is with one as wonderful as yourself, Seb the magnificent would be delighted of course!"

"Okay, you can break character."

"You can take the theater nerd out of the theater, but you can't take the theater out of him," Sebastian said.

"I'd kiss you, but I'm afraid I'd smudge your makeup."

"An acceptable risk I am ready to take." I stepped forward, my helmet still off, and kissed him.

"My parents are finishing dinner before going out, want to come in and get comfortable?"

"That sounds nice."

I let him in and guided him to the kitchen where mom welcomed him and gave him a plate of food. Sebastian thanked her.

"So, you do magic, or is the costume only for show?" My mother asked.

"Since I was a kid, I saw some reruns of the masked magician when I was eight and just fell in love with the art."

"Aww," I kissed his cheek.

"I want to see!" Sophia asked.

"At your service my little lady," Sebastian said before taking out a deck of cards. He showered her a few tricks but did not give his secrets when Sophia asked. "I'm afraid a magician can only reveal the secrets of the arts to a fellow practitioner."

"That's dumb!"

"Alright, Sophia go wash up get your costume on, it's almost time to go." Mom said. Excited at the thought of free candies, Sophia bolted out of the kitchen while I helped mom clean up, Sebastian offering a hand as well.

"Where's Nico, I didn't cross him coming here," He asked.

"He's working on his bike in the garage," I said.

"Ah." Even under the makeup, I could see him blush. Ever since that kiss before the induction ceremony, those two's quiet sexual tension had cranked up to eleven.

"Want to go see him?"

"Oh... sure."

After finishing the dishes, I went to the garage and sure enough, Nico was still there; He had his Beratnas Gas jacket on, the big sci-fi gun was propped against the wall as he cleaned up his motorcycle.