Chapter 41

We went back to Sebastian's and fell asleep snuggled up together. We didn't continue where we'd left off and maybe that was for the best. The morning was quiet, as neither of us really wanted to talk about the night before, Sebastian made pancakes and we ate while discussing the latest episode of the Expanse we'd seen.

"Are we still going to the clinic after class?"

"Yeah."

"Alright," he kissed my temple. "Better get dressed, after you."

I grabbed my change of clothes and went into the bathroom. After everything maybe it was a little silly to go into another room to change, but it afforded us that mental barrier.

We drove to school and split up for our classes, meeting again at lunchtime with Nico.

"Are we still hanging out tonight?" Nico asked.

"Yeah sure, although Juno and I have a bit of a clinic appointment. Maybe you should come too, I'd be a good idea."

"I'm not exactly sure why you'd want me to come?"

"We're getting STD tests."

"Oh," Nico muttered, he then looked at me. "OH!" He said much louder. "So you two are doing it then? I thought it would take Juno—" I kicked his leg gently-ish. "Ouch! What was that for!"

"Don't go there."

"You brought it up, well Sebastian did. But sure I guess?"

"Alright, it's a date, before our real date," Sebastian winked.

"It's a hangout!"

"He's a tough one," Sebastian joked, "I'll crack him."

"So much for my consent," Nico pouted.

"He's just teasing you," I patted Nico's shoulder. "But yeah, it'd be smart if you came with us, you'd be waiting for him either way."

"Yeah."

Our conversation drifted away to less important subjects, mostly classes. I got a text as Nico and Sebastian talked. It was from Miriam.

> Are we still going for Yoga?

I have a clinic appointment first, meet you after? <

> Sure thing! I'll be waiting for you at the community center then!

I smiled. Maybe things were going to return to normal.

"Who's got you smiling?"

"Oh, it was just Miriam, we're doing yoga again."

Sebastian let out a loud gasp. "Juno, are you cheating on me?"

I blinked. "What no?"

"I was teasing, besides we kind of agreed to be open?"

"You know," Nico said between two bites, "You're super shy about intimacy, yet you've been pushing this whole boyfriend timeshare and open-relationship thing hard."

"I just don't like drama that comes with exclusivity?" I shrugged.

"Fair enough," he shrugged.

Sebastian leaned in with a grin."So, are you jumping on the boyfriend timeshare, is that what tonight is about?"

"I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations," Nico answered flatly.

"Considering I caught you making out with him half-naked you're weirdly resistant to this," I teased Nico. Seeing him the one flustered for once was pure gold.